How to lodge a building application
Before building any type of structure, you need to submit your plans to us at the same time as applying for council approval.
Submit your application online
You can use our online self-service system BuilderNet to lodge your building application.
- Login to BuilderNet and Complete the appropriate form.
- Attach electronic copies of your architectural floor plans and site plans, as well as any other documents relevant to your application, in PDF or JPEG format.
- We will email your invoice, outlining the application fees. You will need to pay for your application before we can approve it.
Other ways to submit your application
You can also your building application with your architectural floor plans and site plans, and any other documents relevant to your application to:
Post: Building Services, PO Box 100, Leederville WA 6902
Fax: (08) 9420 2585
How much do I need to pay?
Application fees are calculated based on the location, the purpose and the construction cost of the building. Once we have received your application, we will send you an invoice outlining the fees.
Find out more about our building application fees
Why do I need to lodge a building application?
We need to check your plans to ensure that:
- Our water, wastewater and drainage services are protected and can be easily accessed for maintenance and emergencies.
- Connections are available to service your development.
- There will not be any industrial waste that can damage our the sewer mains.
- There is no backflow risk.