Financial assistance

We understand that it is sometimes difficult to pay bills on time. We have a range of flexible payment assistance options that can be tailored to meet your needs.

Request a payment extension

Need that little bit more time to pay your bill? You have the option of extending your bill due date by 14 days of its original due date.

You can extend your bill due date by phoning us on 13 13 85. Make sure you have your bill to hand.

Payment plans

We are able to negotiate a payment plan that is suitable for your circumstances and capacity to pay.

Please phone us on 13 13 85 to discuss a payment plan that's right for you.

What are my other options?

Hardship Utility Grant Scheme (HUGS)

The Hardship Utilities Grant Scheme is a State Government scheme that provides financial assistance to people in financial hardship to pay their utility accounts.

If you have the intention but not the financial capacity to pay your account without affecting your ability to meet individual or family basic living needs, you are considered to be in utility financial hardship.

To apply, please phone us so we can talk through your situation with you.

Water Assist Scheme

Water Assist is our financial assistance scheme which aims to provide our customers in utility financial hardship with an incentive to make regular payments to overdue accounts.

Please phone us to discuss Water Assist.

If you are eligible we will refer you to a financial counsellor who will assess your situation and complete the Water Assist application.

Our staff are trained to be sensitive and supportive and your enquiry will be handled in confidence and fairness.

You may also be interested in

Tips to save water

Save water and reduce your bill
tap dripping into a bucket

Pensioner and concession discounts

Apply now
hand writing with a pen
Account enquiries
8am - 5pm weekdays
13 13 85
Documents & downloads