We're really proud of the external praise we've received for the fresh water thinking we're doing to secure our water supply for generations to come. Here are some of our latest highlights!
Our successes in award programs continued throughout 2015–16, with a number of projects, initiatives and employees achieving high recognition as winners or finalists, including:
- Peter Moore, General Manager Operations, was awarded the Public Service medal in the 2016 Australia Day honours for outstanding public service to the water industry in Western Australia.
- We received a merit award as an Exceptional Utility Leader at the International Desalination Association 2016 Water Reuse Conservation Awards in Nice.
- Our online water use calculator was a joint winner of the Water Innovation Challenge at the Australian Water Association's OzWater16 conference in Melbourne.
- Our 2015 Just Drop 2 campaign won an Australian Effie Award.
- Our Pilbara Clearwater Alliance, in which we are partner with Downer, won the Infrastructure Project Innovation Award in the 2015 WA Water Awards for delivering wastewater treatment upgrade work and new advanced water recycling facilities to the Karratha and South Hedland wastewater treatment plants.
- We took the top spot on the Australian Association of Graduate Employer's national Top Internship Program list for 2016 for the program we offer university student vacation and internship areas.
- We were named Western Australia's largest corporate blood donor in October 2015 for the third consecutive year.