We're proud of the external praise we've received for our fresh water thinking to secure WA's water supply for generations to come. These are our latest highlights.
Our successes in award programs continued during 2016–17, with a number of projects, initiatives and employees achieving high recognition as winners or finalists including:
- Our innovative Groundwater Replenishment Scheme was recognised as the Water/Wastewater Project of the Year at the international Global Water Awards.
- Ten years after beginning non-climate-dependent contributions to Perth’s water supply, The Perth Seawater Desalination Plant was awarded the Operator and Service Provider Excellence Award by the National Infrastructure Partnerships Awards.
- The East Rockingham Wastewater Treatment Plant was award the Project Management category from the Australian Business Awards. The plant was delivered in an alliance between Water Corporation and Task JV, a joint venture between Jacobs and CPB Contractors.
- Principal Project Manager Steve Horrocks was awarded Project Manager of the Year in 2016 for delivering the East Rockingham Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- We were awarded the Water Industry Safety Excellence Award for our adaption of ‘crawler’ technology which helped to eliminate all risks associated with working at heights when inspecting tanks.
- The Waterwise Office Program was awarded the Program Innovation Award by the Australian Water Association WA Awards.
- Our work through Water Forever plans to secure water supplies in a changing climate were recognised at the global Water Reuse and Conservation Awards. The award acknowledges the outstanding performance of utilities that have implemented successful leading-edge water reuse and conservation programs and projects. We were a runner-up in this category.
- We were named Western Australia’s largest corporate blood donor for the 6th consecutive year.