Here you will find information about non-standard services and the types of services that require a signed agreement.
Customers seeking a service that does not conform to the levels of service required under our Water Services License, must sign an agreement with Water Corporation.
Services by agreement
The following are our main types of Services by Agreement:
- Services from distribution or trunk mains
- Restricted use services
- Services where the meter is not on the property
- Fire services
- Farmland services
- Private pressure sewer systems
- Effluent only discharge schemes
- Emergency services (such as public health and safety, or where there is a substantial disruption to a customers business).
Where a property is subject to a Service by Agreement arrangement, you may be required to:
- meet all costs of constructing and maintaining the service connection
- pay all fees associated with the connection of the service prior to the provision of the connection
- ensure a licensed plumber undertakes or supervises the service connection
- provide written proof of access if the service connection is across a reserve, or an easement, if it is across private property and to inform Water Corporation if access is withdrawn or no longer available
- prepare and lodge a Notification under Section 70A of the Transfer of Land Act (1983) stating that the water service to the land is subject to an agreement which specifies the terms of the service.
Other issues that applicants should be aware of:
- Service connection applications may be placed on hold pending the completion of these requirements.
- Service connections applications may be placed on hold on the request of the applicant.
- Water Corporation reserves the right to refuse the service.
Servicing conditions for a water supply may include one or more of the following:
- water quality may not meet Drinking Water Quality Standards
- water pressure may be poor, excessive or fluctuate
- flow rate may be limited or variable
- interruptions to supply may occur without notice, therefore it is recommended that you have an on-site storage tank.
Water Corporation will provide 12 months notice if it wishes to disconnect the service, however for a serious breach of the terms and conditions to the agreement, the service may end immediately.
The following service types are referred to as non-standard services:
- Additional services – where a service already exists on the property and a second service is required.
- Reticulation services – where one or more services already exist on the property and another service is required for reticulation purposes – these are common in strata-titled unit developments and are available when there is 3 or more units involved.
- Shire services – ie, for drinking fountains, roundabouts or median strips.
How to request a service?
You can request a service through BuilderNet by selecting 'Lodge a water service application'. If you are not a regular BuilderNet user, use our Guest Account option to log in.
Alternatively you can fill in the appropriate application form – Services by agreement application or Non-standard water service application and submit it to us.
Once your application has been processed, we will email you an invoice outlining the relevant fees. We require payment before a work order for the water service can be generated.
Submit your application now
What is the cost?
You can refer to our Fees & charges section for information relating to water service sizes and costs.
Note: Payment of any infrastructure contributions that may apply are the responsibility of the owner.
To request a quote:
You can submit your application / contact us via the following options:
Post: Building Services, PO Box 100, Leederville WA 6902
Phone: 13 13 95
Fax: 9420 2585