Relocate a water meter

Find out here about relocating your water meter and how to apply.

Relocating a water meter

The following meter relocation options are available:

  • To move your meter less than 500mm to the left or right of the current location.
  • To move your meter more than 500mm to the left or right of the current location (when moving your meter more than 500mm, we need to disconnect and seal the existing connection point and install a brand new service line from the water main at the new location).
  • To raise or lower the level of your water meter (please ensure you specify the distance that your meter is to be raised or lowered above the new finished ground level, when submitting your application).
  • To move your meter towards or away (forward or back) from the house from the current location (the meter can only be located to a maximum of 1.5m inside the front boundary line of the property).
  • If the meter is to be located into the council verge, you should seek permission in writing from the local shire before making an application to move your meter into the verge (the meter must be placed in a box and cover).

Your responsibility

It is your responsibility to arrange for a plumber to reconnect all internal pipework, and reticulation (if applicable) for meter relocations over 500mm and meter box installations.

How much will it cost?

Please refer to our Fees & charges section for the fees associated to relocating your water service.

How to apply

To apply to relocate your water meter / service, you can login to BuilderNet and click 'Lodge a water service application'.

We will email you an invoice outlining the relevant fees. You will need to pay these fees before a work order can be generated.

Submit your application now

More information

You can contact us via one of the following options:


Phone: 13 13 95

You may also be interested in