Payment of infrastructure contributions can be deferred for up to 12 months - find out about eligibility, conditions and the associated costs.
Payment of infrastructure contributions for conventional green title and survey strata scheme residential lots at subdivision stage can be deferred by securing the debt with a Memorials on Titles. This is in accordance with Regulation 29 of the Water Services Regulations 2013. This legislation also provides for concessions from service charges.
You can also apply to defer infrastructure contributions for specific lots when submitting your request to enter into an agreement with us. If the application is approved, you will be required to agree to the lodgement of a memorial over the subject land.
The following conditions are required for a subdivided lot to qualify for a deferral and concession.
The lot must:
- not have water or wastewater connections
- be solely used for residential purposes
- be less than 2000m2 (unless a group housing lot)
- must not be the subject of a multi-metering agreement (in the case of survey strata schemes).
Period of deferral
The period of deferral will end if any of the following situations occur:
- Ownership of the lot changes.
- 12 months has passed following final approval of the subdivision by the WA Planning Commission.
- When a lot becomes serviced. (Note: A service activation will terminate the deferral and unless advised otherwise, we will accept a building application that includes a service activation request from other than the landowner).
Deferral of infrastructure contributions is not recommended for small subdivisions of 10 lots or less.
- Administration fees are charged to cover our costs.
- For deferrals secured by a Memorials on Titles, a fee per lot is charged.
- For deferrals secured by a financial guarantee, a fee per application is charged.
- Bank charges may also apply.
Infrastructure contributions are billed at the end of the deferral period, and will be subject to interest if unpaid by the due date.
For information about the fees associated to the deferral of infrastructure contributions, please refer to the Land servicing fees in our Fees and Charges section.
Apply for Memorials on Titles
You must apply for Memorials on Titles in writing. The application is assessed for eligibility and if approved, you will be required to agree to a memorial over the subject land.
For preparation of the document, please download the memorial form from the Landgate website.
Prior to submitting this form to Landgate, you will need to reference the relevant lots on the form and email it to email@example.com. We will then verify the form and send it back to you ready for submission.
For further information about the deferral of infrastructure contributions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (08) 9420 2099.