Payment of infrastructure contributions can be deferred for up to 12 months. Find out here about eligibility, as well as the conditions and associated costs.
A developer can defer payment of infrastructure contributions for conventional green title and survey strata scheme residential lots at subdivision stage by securing the debt with a Memorials on Titles. This is in accordance with Regulation 29 of the Water Services Regulations 2013. This legislation also provides for concessions from service charges.
A developer can also apply to defer infrastructure contributions for specific lots when submitting their request to enter into an agreement with us. If the application is approved, the developer will be required to agree to the lodgement of a memorial over the subject land.
The following conditions are required for a subdivided lot to qualify for a deferral and concession.
The lot must:
- not have water or wastewater connections
- be solely used for residential purposes
- be less than 2000m2 (unless a group housing lot)
- must not be the subject of a multi-metering agreement (in the case of survey strata schemes).
Period of payment deferral
The period of payment deferral will end if any of the following situations occur:
- Ownership of the lot changes.
- The lot becomes serviced by water or wastewater connection.
- 12 months has passed since the final approval of the subdivision by the WA Planning Commission.
Deferral of infrastructure contributions is not recommended for small subdivisions of 10 lots or less.
- Administration fees are charged to cover our costs.
- For deferrals secured by a Memorials on Titles, a fee per lot is charged.
- For deferrals secured by a financial guarantee, a fee per application is charged.
- Bank charges may also apply.
Infrastructure contributions are billed at the end of the deferral period, and will be subject to interest if unpaid by the due date.
For information about the fees for deferring infrastructure contributions, please refer to the Land servicing fees in our Fees and Charges section.
Apply for Memorials on Titles
A developer must apply for Memorials on Titles in writing. The application is assessed for eligibility and, if approved, the developer will be required to agree to a memorial over the subject land.
For preparation of the document, please download the memorial form from the Landgate website.
Prior to submitting this form to Landgate, you will need to reference the relevant lots on the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then verify the form and send it back to you ready for submission.
Please contact us on:
Phone: (08) 9420 2099