Use the button below to apply for your product to use the Waterwise label. You will be redirected to Smart WaterMark website.
What types of products can apply to use the Waterwise label?
The Waterwise Products Program focuses on products that can help achieve water saving inside and outside the home, and includes any water saving products that fall into one of the following Smart Approved WaterMark categories:
- Watering – drip irrigation, other controllers, weather controllers, sprinkler systems, soil moisture monitors, rain sensors, watering measures
- Gardening – mulches, smart pots, soil enhancers, wetting agents
- Pool and spa covers
- Greywater systems
- Rainwater harvesting
- Plumbing products.
Smart Approved WaterMark is an international water efficiency scheme that certifies water saving products and services.
Looking for a category that your product or service will fit into?
Go to Smart Approved WaterMark
Products must also be appropriate/relevant to Western Australian conditions (as verified by WA Industry) and available to the general public. Greywater systems must also be approved by the WA Department of Health.
Please note that the above criteria do not apply to waterwise plants. Production nurseries wishing to use the Waterwise logo on plant labels are encouraged to contact us for details on the endorsement process specific to waterwise plants
- Please complete all applicable sections on this Application Form.
- A separate application must be completed for each Product, unless the differences are cosmetic in nature only i.e. colours, features and optional extras and do not affect the actual water use of the product.
- Applications will be reviewed against the criteria as published on the Water Corporation website. An application must meet all the criteria in order to be approved for endorsement.
- The decision of the Water Corporation is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Only products that have Smart Approved WaterMark certification will be eligible for the Waterwise Program.
- If Smart WaterMark is withdrawn from a product or manufacturer for any reason Smart WaterMark will notify the Corporation and they will be removed from the Waterwise Program and notified in writing to remove the logo from packaging and any advertising or marketing material.
- Where applicable, Plumbing Products are required to have WaterMark certification under the Australian Building Codes Board. The WaterMark reference number must be supplied on the application form to be endorsed.
- The Water Corporation will conduct regular ‘spot’ checks of products and logo placement to ensure that manufacturers are abiding by the guidelines and the high standards of the program are maintained. Should a product be found not meeting the above criteria then the Corporation may withdraw the Waterwise endorsement and right to use the Waterwise logo.
- All promotional material remains the property of Water Corporation.
- The applicant will have the right of appeal to an Appeals Board regarding any decision to withdraw its Waterwise status. The Board will consist of four members, one representative nominated by the applicant, one by the Water Corporation, one from Smart WaterMark and one independent person from the Department of Consumer and Employment Protection.
Apply for product endorsement