How can you do this?
Why they acted
As a City we view water as a precious resource, and we remain committed to ensuring we manage our water resources sustainably, looking for every opportunity to reduce water consumption.
Undertaking a water audit was an efficient way to have all water using activities checked to identify areas for potential savings.
Assess your use
How they did it
- Flow control valves on basin taps.
- WELS 3 star rated 9L/minute showerheads installed throughout the facility.
- Sub meter installed on the splash pad plant room.
- Monthly inspections of all sprinkler heads.
- Ongoing adjustments to irrigation run times.
- Asset replacement policy implemented for aging devices.
- Waterwise tips highlighted throughout the facility.
What they're doing now
Water efficiency will continue to be a focus for LeisureFit Booragoon with the facility continuing to learn about their water use and implement water efficiency measures including:
- installing sub metres
- fixing leaks
- sprinkler inspections
- staff training
- bi-annual water use information reported to Executive Management.
Want more information about this case study?
Please contact Nicki Ledger at the City of Melville.
Contact City of Melville