Shopping centre case study
How can you do this?
Why we acted
It has been very rewarding to see our efforts around the shopping centre realise measurable benefits for the environment as well as financially for our tenants.
Jessica Bailey, Centre Manager
After having a data logger installed, we identified a 5 litre per minute continuous flow. This prompted us to implement water efficiencies right across the site beginning with finding and repairing a number of small leaks which stopped the continuous flow.
Assess your use
How we did it
After repairing the leaks, a whole of site water efficiency program began, including:
- An audit of the irrigation system, reduced run times and shutting off after rain
- Replacing some indoor plants with public art
- Installing 6 star urinals
- Improvement to the way the water cooled woks are used.
What we are doing now
Our Water Efficiency Management Plan (WEMP) has been used to identify a number of longer term opportunities to save water, such as:
- Having an ongoing maintenance plan
- Looking at water reuse options
- Securing common area taps to avoid misuse and vandalism
- Supporting the community in water efficiency by hosting the Great Gardens display.
Who to contact
If you would like more information on water efficiency in your business please email us.