Be recognised for your outstanding water saving efforts as part of the WEMP program Recognition Scheme.
You're automatically eligible to receive recognition for the scheme if you've:
- submitted a WEMP and at least 1annual report
- kept all annual reporting requirements up to date
- demonstrated an improvement in both your relevant benchmark and water use efficiency.
Waterwise Office Program exception
If you operate an office building and belong to the WEMP program, you'll no longer be eligible for the WEMP Recognition Scheme.
The Waterwise Office Program represents industry best practice. Therefore, you'll be recognised through this based on an industry standard, rather than individual improvement in water use performance.
Based on your water saving efforts, you could receive one of the following awards:
||achieved Gold Recognition or better for 2 consecutive years
||more than 50% improvement in water efficiency
||35% to 50% improvement in water efficiency
||25% to 35% improvement in water efficiency
||10% to 25% improvement in water efficiency
How are award winners determined?
- Each year, we calculate the saving in both actual water use and benchmark* as a percentage of your improvement in water efficiency. These figures are used to calculate the savings for the program as a whole.
- Each reading year savings will be calculated against the year you were identified to join the program.
- We'll contact you in March/April if you've received an award..
* If you feel that your current benchmark indicator does not accurately measure your business activity against site water use or is no longer relevant, you can discuss the possibility of changing the indicator to a more suitable measure with Water Corporation.
Being recognised provides a number of benefits for your business:
- receive a certificate profiling the category you achieved
- promotion in publications, social media, forums, our website and other mediums
- the potential for a case study about your water saving efforts, which will go on our website
- recognition branding to promote your water saving achievements - these can be used on your website and email signatures
- opportunity to become a Waterwise Champion with special acknowledgement, reduced reporting requirements and recognition as a leader in water efficiency.
Champion waterwise businesses
Champion waterwise businesses are our customers who have achieved significant and consistent improvement in water efficiency by achieving a minimum of Gold status for 2 consecutive years.
Champion Awards are presented to businesses who receive Platinum or Gold awards for 2 consecutive years, Platinum Awards are for more than 50% improvement in water use and Gold Awards are for 35–50% improvement.
See below for the list of all Champion Award winners.
- Armadale Shopping City
- BGC Fibre Cement
- BHP Billiton Nickel West
- BP Refinery Kwinana Pty Ltd
- Capral Aluminium Ltd
- Central Institute of Technology, East Perth Campus
- Charter Hall – South Hedland Shopping Centre
- City of Swan – Swan Park Leisure Centre
- Cooke Point Holiday Park
- CSBP Ltd
- Durack Institute of Technology
- Fremantle Village
- Hanson Port Hedland
- Intertek Genalysis
- IPM Operation & Maintenance Kwinana Pty Ltd
- King Bay Supply Facility
- Mount Hospital
- Mt Romance Australia Pty Ltd
- NazarethCare Geraldton
- Ocean Beach Hotel
- Pilbara Institute Karratha Campus
- Port Hedland International Airport
- Port Hedland Port Authority
- Spine and Limb Foundation Inc.
- Stockland Riverton
- SwanCare Group (Inc)
- The Royal on the Waterfront
- Water Corporation Beenyup Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Water Corporation Gordon Road Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Water Corporation Point Peron Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Water Corporation Subiaco Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Weston Milling
- City of Karratha – Karratha Airport
- ESS Kambalda Village
- Four Points by Sheraton Perth
- Fremantle Sailing Club Inc.
- Geraldton Hospital Campus
- Holcim Australia Nickol Bay Quarry
- Mincor Operations Pty Ltd
- Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley
- Pinjarra Refinery, Alcoa of Australia
- Primewest Broome Boulevard Shopping Centre
- Rio Tinto Iron Ore – Railway Division
- St Barbara Limited
- Telstra Corporation Limited
- Tronox Kwinana Pigment Plant
- Beatty Park Leisure Centre
- Challenger Life CDI Nominees Pty Ltd – Innaloo Cinema Centre
- Cliffs Asia Pacific Iron Ore Pty Ltd
- Department of Corrective Services – Bandyup Women's Prison
- Carillon City
- Iluka Resources Ltd Midwest Operations
- Mid West Port Authority
- Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Pullman Resort Bunker Bay
- Southern Metropolitan Regional Council Regional Resource Recovery Centre
- Western Australian Country Health Service Fitzroy Valley Health Service
- YMCA South Hedland Aquatic Centre
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.