Be recognised for your outstanding water saving efforts as part of the Waterwise Business Program Recognition Scheme.
Waterwise Businesses awarded as part of the recognition scheme were acknowledged at the 2017 Waterwise Business Recognition event, co-hosted by Water Corporation and the Department of Water on 9 May 2017.
Read Water Minister's statement recognising Waterwise Businesses
The scheme provides 5 levels of recognition:
||achieved Gold Recognition or better for 2 consecutive years
||more than 50% improvement in water efficiency
||35% to 50% improvement in water efficiency
||25% to 35% improvement in water efficiency
||10% to 25% improvement in water efficiency
- Each year, we calculate the saving in both actual water use and benchmark* as a percentage of your improvement in water efficiency. These figures are used to calculate the savings for the program as a whole.
- Each reading year savings will be calculated against the year you were identified to join the program.
- We'll contact you in March/April if you've received an award.
* If you feel that your current benchmark indicator does not accurately measure your business activity against site water use or is no longer relevant, you can discuss the possibility of changing the indicator to a more suitable measure with Water Corporation.
Being recognised provides a number of benefits for your business:
- receive a certificate profiling the category you achieved
- promotion in publications, social media, forums, our website and other mediums
- the potential for a case study about your water saving efforts, which will go on our website
- recognition branding to promote your water saving achievements - these can be used on your website and email signatures
- opportunity to become a Waterwise Champion with special acknowledgement, reduced reporting requirements and recognition as a leader in water efficiency.
In May 2017, we acknowledged 75 WA businesses for their water efficiency achievements in 2015–16.
We are currently working with 299 customers and since its inception businesses involved in the Waterwise Business program and have collectively saved over 12 billion litres of water in the 2015–16 year.
Champion Waterwise Business
- Albany Health Campus
- Heathcote Cultural Precinct
Platinum Waterwise Business
- Barrett Burston Malting Company
- Heathcote Cultural Precinct
- St Bartholomew's House
Gold Waterwise Business
- Albany Health Campus
- Bayswater Waves Aquatic Centre
- BHP Billiton Nickel West Pty Ltd Kambalda Concentrator
- Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa
- CSIRO Floreat
- Galleria Shopping Centre
- Shire of Carnamah
- Adventure World
- Allendale Square
- Belmont Oasis
- Elderbloom Community Care Centres Wanneroo Community Nursing Home
- F.F.I Holdings Limited
- Garden City Shopping Centre
- Holcim Australia - Humes
- Inghams Enterprises (Pty) Limited Osborne Park
- Kundana Mine
- LeisureFit Booragoon - City of Melville
- Midland Gate Shopping Centre
- Novotel Perth Langley Hotel
- Orora Beverage Cans - Canning Vale
- Perth Vineyards Holiday Park
- RAAFA (WA Division) Inc Merriwa Estate
- Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
- Rio Tinto Dampier Salt Limited Port Hedland
- Shire of Coolgardie
- Shire of East Pilbara
- Southern Port Authority - Port of Esperance
- St John of God Mount Lawley Hospital
- State Library of Western Australia
- Vinidex Pty Ltd
- Westfield Innaloo Shopping Centre Scentre Shopping Centre Management (WA) Pty Ltd
- Albany Leisure Centre
- Aroona Alliance - Water Corporation Woodman Point Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Belair Gardens Caravan Park
- BHP Billiton Nickel West Kalgoorlie
- Brightwater Linen Service
- Broome Caravan Park
- Brownes Foods Brunswick Junction
- Crown Metropol Perth
- Crown Perth
- Crown Promenade Perth
- D'Orsogna Limited
- Discover Holiday Parks - Perth
- Duxton Hotel Perth
- Fremantle Hospital
- Gloucester Park Harness Racing
- Goldfields Oasis Recreation Centre
- Goodearth Hotel
- Goodman Fielder Malaga
- Greenough Regional Prison
- Hollywood Private Hospital
- Hyatt Regency Perth
- Joe White Malting's Pty Ltd
- Karrinyup Shopping Centre
- Karrinyup Waters Resort
- Mirrabooka Square Shopping Centre
- Murdoch University
- NMHS Mental Health - Graylands Campus
- Northern Star Resources Limited Kanowna Belle
- Novotel Ningaloo Resort
- Parmelia Hilton Perth
- Prime Laundry
- Royal Perth Hospital
- Shire of Corrow
- St John of God Murdoch Hospital
- The Perth Mint
- The Shops at Ellenbrook
- The University of Western Australia
- Tip Top Bakeries - Canning Vale
- WAMMCO International
- WesTrac Pty Ltd
- Wooroloo Prison Farm
- Zoological Parks Authority
You're automatically eligible to receive recognition for the scheme if you've:
- submitted a WEMP and at least 1 annual report
- kept all annual reporting requirements up to date
- demonstrated an improvement in both your relevant benchmark and water use efficiency.
Based on your water saving efforts, you could receive one of the following awards:
Champion waterwise businesses
Champion waterwise businesses are our customers who have achieved significant and consistent improvement in water efficiency by achieving a minimum of Gold status for 2 consecutive years.
Champion Awards are presented to businesses who receive Platinum or Gold awards for 2 consecutive years, Platinum Awards are for more than 50% improvement in water use and Gold Awards are for 35–50% improvement.
See below for the list of all Champion Award winners.
Waterwise Office Program exception
If you operate an office building and belong to the Waterwise Business program, your recognition is through the Waterwise Office Program which represents industry best practice. Therefore, you'll be recognised through this based on an industry standard, rather than individual improvement in water use performance.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.