This section tracks your water use performance. Your site's water use benchmark is used to track changes in water efficiency over time and is calculated using your individual measure of business activity.
- hotels often use 'occupied room nights'
- a swimming pool might use 'patrons per year'
- shopping centres may use 'gross lettable area'
If you are unsure about the most appropriate benchmark please contact email@example.com or 9420 3551.
Businesses that meet or exceed their water efficiency target may be eligible for an award as part of our Recognition Scheme.
Benchmarks and targets
- Your water use is pre-populated, you will only need to complete the business activity measure and quantity fields.
- Your benchmark will calculate automatically.
- You will need to set a water use reduction target for 2018-19.
Your action plan
This is your opportunity to list water efficiency initiatives and their estimated implementation date.
If you are unsure which water saving opportunities are relevant to your site a Waterwise Auditor may be able to assist. We also have a list of water saving tips for many businesses.
The action plan has 4 time frames:
- up to 12 months: actions that can be completed immediately or has a payback period within 12 months
- 1-5 years: an action that will take more than 12 months to implement or has a much longer payback period
- ongoing: actions that become 'business as usual' and do not have a particular end date)
- future opportunity: these are actions that are part of your 'wish list' and not currently planned for completion or are out of consideration due to funding.
You will also need to estimate the cost to implement each water efficiency initiative and indicate the potential water savings of each.
If you wish to save your draft report and share with team members for review, click save and we will send you a link to your draft report.