To become endorsed as Waterwise, your council needs to address the following criteria.
Step 1 – Council commitment
Step 2 – Create an action plan
- Create an action plan to identify water efficiency goals and opportunities for your council facilities and within your community.
Step 3 – Complete free waterwise training
- Encourage your team members to complete our free waterwise training modules today, which includes helpful topics such as landscaping and irrigation, water auditing and cooling towers.
Step 4 – Be a waterwise leader
- Our water is precious, so make sure your council leads by example by sticking to your watering days, and following water restrictions such as the winter sprinkler ban.
- The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation and Water Corporation will verify each council has received no license or usage breaches as part of the ongoing endorsement assessment process.
Step 5 - Apply for recognition award (optional)
- The recognition scheme celebrates councils who have done valuable work in crating waterwise communities.
To get involved in the Waterwise Council Program or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9420 2572.