Overview of projects
The City of Perth have worked on a range of water sensitive projects and initiatives, including their:
• Sustainability Reporting Platform.
• Water Sensitive City Transition Study.
• Water Harvesting Tree Pits.
• Green Infrastructure and Biodiversity Study.
• Conversion to native gardens project plus many more…
Sustainability Reporting Platform
Summary in a snapshot
This is a new tool for measuring and monitoring our corporate organisational and citywide sustainability progress. The tool collects, analyses and visualises our energy, water and emissions data to assist in understanding our progress towards our Environment Strategy targets.
What we did
Developed a Sustainability Reporting Platform that:
• has the capability to collect data, in a complete state from various sources, and to be considered the ‘one source of truth’ for data
• can perform data collation, manipulation and facilitate analysis instantly
• auto-uploads data directly from external sources
• produces user-friendly, efficient, presentable reporting outputs instantly with a variety of visualisations
The development of the Sustainability Reporting Platform (Phase 1) was rolled out in the 2016/17 year.
The key outcomes of the project were:
• empowerment of internal employees to communicate asset and City-wide sustainability performance through visualisation,
• improved sustainability performance,
• support employees to make informed decisions through clear display of data,
• communicate progress of our actions to the community.
• Limited relationships with key data providers,
• Manual authoring of datasets by key data providers,
• Manual collection of incoming data from key data providers.
What's next for us
Additional external stakeholder engagement will need to occur to improve and sustain data collection procedures with key data providers and improve the availability and granularity of data obtained.