This program provides water sensitive benchmarks for developments and recognises the exceptional water efficiency outcomes of new water sensitive developments.
Waterwise recognition highlights the fundamental role the development sector has in ensuring we build water sensitive communities while sustaining our unique lifestyle here in WA.
Supporting developers to implement water efficiency principles in their estates helps us work towards our long-term plan to provide a sustainable water future for generations to come.
We're proud to host the program in partnership with the WA Division of the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA).
What's the latest?
White Gum Valley, one of our Waterwise Developments is featured in a Density by Design web series, as part of a research project on low-carbon residential precincts. Located in the City of Fremantle, a Waterwise Council, White Gum Valley demonstrates design excellence by incorporating innovative water management, climate sensitive design, solar energy generation and creative urban greening strategies. White Gum Valley is a LandCorp led demonstration project supported by Water Corporation, aimed at delivering a climate sensitive land development.
2018 Urban Development Institute of Australia National Awards for Excellence
Rosehill Waters, a Waterwise Development by Noahs Rosehill Water Pty Ltd, took out the Environmental Excellence at the 2018 UDIA Awards for Excellence awards, a multi award winning estate that achieved six leaves through UDIA's EnviroDevelopment program. Congratulations to Rosehill Waters for developing such an innovative waterwise development!
In photo from L to R, Sandra Klarich - General Manager Rosehill Waters, David Juers - Head of Customer & Industry Partnerships Water Corporation, Ting Lee - Director Rosehill Waters
Two new Waterwise Developments have been welcomed into the program in 2018!
To be recognised as a Waterwise Development, the following criteria must be met;
- Your development must be registered with the EnviroDevelopment Program - compliance with annual re-certification is required.
- Your development must have met the requirements to achieve certification of the Water Element in the EnviroDevelopment Program.
- Following your registration with and certification of the water element by EnviroDevelopment, EnviroDevelopment will provide Water Corporation with your contact details to discuss endorsing you as a Waterwise Development.
- Recognition by Water Corporation and EnviroDevelopment of your Waterwise Development endorsement.
- Exclusive access to utilise the waterwise logo to promote your project as a Waterwise Development including access to promotional materials, such as flags or signage, for use in entry statements and display villages or alike.
- The opportunity to lead and promote water efficiency within your community by using our waterwise educational resources.
- Invitation to workshops, networking and industry events.
- A platform to showcase your sustainable water management initiatives on our website through case studies.
To help embed waterwise behaviours into your evolving community we have a range of free educational resources available to you and your residents.
With over 40% of household water used in the garden, it's important to consider implementing waterwise garden and verge designs as well as waterwise techniques to efficiently water and maintain your garden. The following resources cover these designs and techniques;
For the above and more visit www.watercorporation.com.au/save-water/in-the-garden to learn more about waterwise gardens.
In the home
Adopting waterwise behaviours and installing water efficient products in your home can save you money on your energy and water bills.
Water saving programs
We have a variety of programs available for customers to take advantage of to reduce their water use. Be sure to keep an eye on what's available throughout the year at https://www.watercorporation.com.au/save-water/water-saving-programs so you can get involved in the savings.
Email us to find out more