This program provides water sensitive benchmarks for developments and recognises the exceptional water efficiency outcomes of new water sensitive developments.
Waterwise recognition highlights the fundamental role the development sector has in ensuring we build water sensitive communities while sustaining our unique lifestyle here in WA.
Supporting developers to implement water efficiency principles in their estates helps us work towards our long-term plan to provide a sustainable water future for generations to come.
We're proud to host the program in partnership with the WA Division of the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA).
Have you heard the latest?
We are pleased to welcome 2 new Waterwise Developments to the program in 2018!
- Shoreline at North Coogee
- Rockingham Industry Zone
2018 Urban Development Institute of Australia National Awards for Excellence
Alkimos Beach, a Waterwise Development by LendLease and LandCorp took out Best Residential Development at the awards, a multi award winning estate that was also the first development in WA to achieve a six leaf rating under UDIA’s EnviroDevelopment program.
Photo (L to R): Frank Marra (Chief Executive Officer, LandCorp), Erin Nolan (Senior Development Manager, LandCorp), Anthony Rowbottam (General Manager WA, Communities Lendlease), Pete Blackall (Senior Development Manager, Communities Lendlease).
To be recognised as a Waterwise Development, the following criteria must be met;
- Your development must be registered with the EnviroDevelopment Program - compliance with annual re-certification is required.
- Your development must have met the requirements to achieve certification of the Water Element in the EnviroDevelopment Program.
- Following your registration with and certification of the water element by EnviroDevelopment, EnviroDevelopment will provide Water Corporation with your contact details to discuss endorsing you as a Waterwise Development.
- Recognition by Water Corporation and EnviroDevelopment of your Waterwise Development endorsement.
- Exclusive access to utilise the waterwise logo to promote your project as a Waterwise Development including access to promotional materials, such as flags or signage, for use in entry statements and display villages or alike.
- The opportunity to lead and promote water efficiency within your community by using our waterwise educational resources.
- Invitation to workshops, networking and industry events.
- A platform to showcase your sustainable water management initiatives on our website through case studies.
To help embed waterwise behaviours into your evolving community we have a range of free educational resources available to you and your residents.
With over 40% of household water used in the garden, it's important to consider implementing waterwise garden and verge designs as well as waterwise techniques to efficiently water and maintain your garden. The following resources cover these designs and techniques;
For the above and more visit www.watercorporation.com.au/save-water/in-the-garden to learn more about waterwise gardens.
In the home
Adopting waterwise behaviours and installing water efficient products in your home can save you money on your energy and water bills.
Water saving programs
We have a variety of programs available for customers to take advantage of to reduce their water use. Be sure to keep an eye on what's available throughout the year at https://www.watercorporation.com.au/save-water/water-saving-programs so you can get involved in the savings.
Email us to find out more