We will train your school gardener on best practice waterwise techniques
- Work towards sustainability in water and fertiliser use.
- How to choose waterwise plants.
- Understand plants' water requirements.
- How to develop a water budget for your school.
- Understand soil conditions for improved irrigation efficiency through soil improvement and mulching.
- Improve irrigation efficiency through hydro zoning, irrigation scheduling and irrigation system maintenance.
Participants will receive a certificate of endorsement and nationally recognised units of competence, which can be used as credits towards further study including a Certificate 3 in Horticulture.
Download course session plan
Download promotional flyer
- 5 & 12 July 2017 – Metro – Department of Education, Statewide Services Centre, 33 Giles Ave, Padbury WA 6025
- July 2018 – Metro – location and dates to be determined
How much does it cost?
The course is FREE for Waterwise Schools. Each recognised Waterwise School can receive 1 free course every 2 years, subject to availability. Schools in the process of joining the program are not eligible for a free place.
For non-participating Waterwise Schools or if more than 1 gardener from your Waterwise School would like to attend, you will need to pay the course fee of $284.66 (including GST).
How to register
Email to register with the following information:
For more information on the registration process please call South Metropolitan TAFE on (08) 9229 8445.
Would you like to host this course?
We are looking schools to host this course. You will receive complimentary registration and specific recommendations for your school's irrigation requirements.
Contact our education team to express interest in hosting the course.
Water audit training and other courses
Please see the links on the right hand side of the page to find out about water audit training and other waterwise training courses we are running.