This incursion teaches students about the process and importance of desalination in Perth's water supply.
Read a transcript of this video (new window)
During this lecture style incursion, students will learn about the process of desalination used in Perth. We will discuss factors affecting our current water sources, why desalination is important for Perth’s water future and the challenges and limitations of desalination.
- Session length – 1 hour
- Maximum number of students:
- Years 6 – 60 students
- Years 7 – unlimited students
Learning objectives for years 6–12
- Understand the need to find alternative water sources in WA.
- Analyse the processes involved in desalination and the use of alternative energy sources to power this.
- Realise the challenges and limitations of desalination as a water source.
Optional lesson plans and activities to conduct pre-incursion
Book an incursion