Here are some great waterwise tips for your parent newsletters and community noticeboard:
- If you read your water meter regularly, you will be able to detect any irregularities, such as leaks. This will save both water and money.
- Turn the tap off while you brush your teeth. Simply wet your toothbrush before you begin and use a glass of water to rinse your mouth.
- Always repair leaking taps. Just one tap left dripping at a drop per second wastes up to 50 litres of water a day. That's over 10,000 litres of water a year!
- Install a modern dual-flush toilet, which uses only 4.5 or 6 litres for a full-flush and 3 litres for a half-flush (single-flush toilets use 11 litres every flush).
- Install a water efficient shower head, which can save about 14,500 litres of water per household per year.
- Wait until you have a full load in your dishwasher or washing machine and use the economy mode. This can save you water and energy.
- Keep your pool covered when not in use. Without a cover, more than half the water in your pool can evaporate over a year.
- Use a broom, rake, outdoor blower or vacuum. Don't hose paths, patios or driveways.
Cut and paste jpg newsletter tips
Waterwise tips for the home
100 tips for being waterwise