I am buying a home, what do I need to do?

Unlike electricity, gas and internet services, we don’t disconnect our services or issue a final bill when a property is sold. Instead, the water and wastewater account remains linked to the property.

If you are buying a home you do not need to contact us if you are using a settlement agent. The settlement agent will inform us of the sale or purchase details and will organise a special meter reading on your behalf. This will ensure you are only charged for the water that you used. 

You can set up a free My Water account to help you manage bills for your new property, and easily track your water use.

If your contact details have changed you need to inform us of this by filling out our change my details form