Search results

Results per page

Your search for 'Builders and developers' returned 20 results

Who is responsible for internal plumbing work?

The Plumbers Licensing Board (PLB) regulates WA's plumbing industry by issuing licenses to suitably qualified and experienced plumbing contractors and their tradespersons to ensure compliance and workmanship standards for plumbing work. As of 1 July 2016, the PLB is also responsible for administering drainage plumbing diagrams (‘flimsies’) in WA. Licensed plumbing contractors are responsible for submitting diagrams to the PLB along with a Certificate of Compliance when they perform any plumbing work involving the installation, alteration or extension of drainage plumbing.


I have a Water Corporation fitting on my property, what is it?

Here are some examples of our fittings that you may find on your property or construction site. If you see these, it means our pipelines are located nearby. To prevent damage to our pipelines and other assets we have put together guidelines for common fittings.


How do I get a water service on my property when there is no water main in my street?

We may need to set up a Service by Agreement. This is suitable for customers that do not have access to our water mains.


What is a subdivision agreement and why do I have to enter into one?

A Subdivision Agreement, which is prepared by us, outlines all the requirements to satisfy the clearance of the WAPC water service related conditions. 


Why is an easement required over the sewer that already existed on my property?

The creation of notifications on titles is a relatively new process which is designed to make prospective purchasers aware of any encumbrances and restrictions that may be placed on their building, however some sewers located within properties do not presently have easements.


What is the Western Australian Planning Commission?

The Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) is responsible for the strategic planning of our State.


What is a scheme?

A scheme usually refers to an area larger than a single town, such as a cluster of towns and nearby farmland that is serviced by a set of integrated facilities for water supply.


What do I do now that I have conditional approval?

The Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) will notify us of the subdivision conditional approval. Following this we write to the applicant to explain the next steps that need to be taken to clear the relevant conditions.


What is tankering?

Tankering is when wastewater is removed by carting and may be negotiated where the commissioning of permanent wastewater infrastructure is delayed in order to allow a subdivision to proceed.


When should boundary or running traps be on property connections?

Boundary traps must be installed on all property connections where the junction is located on sewers that are 300mm or larger in diameter or IO or IS sewers where the downstream sewer is 300mm or larger in diameter; and sewers, regardless of diameter, that convey a pumped discharge.