Search results

Results per page

Your search for 'Buying selling and building' returned 23 results

What is the difference between a strata and green title?

The main differences are: for a green title, there must be an independent sewer and water service connection inside each new lot boundary.


I am a tenant moving house, what do I need to do?

You need to confirm with the property owner or their agent that the water meter will be read at the property you are vacating and at the property you are moving to.


I need to have a sewer main extension. What do I need to do?

You will need to engage a Consulting Engineer who will design and make all arrangements to extend the sewer main at your cost.


Can two or more homes connect to the same sewer connection?

A 100mm junction can service up to five home units and a 150mm junction is required for six or more home units.


Does Water Corporation install sub meters?

Yes, we supply and install sub-meters for multi-residential developments, typically strata schemes, which have three units or more OR strata titled commercial lots.


Can I put my meter into a box?

In certain circumstances we may be able to install your meter in a box. There are strict conditions around this, so please contact us at or call 13 13 95 for more information.


How do I report a faulty meter?

You can report a fault online – but if a fault or damage to your meter results in you having no water available at your property, please call us now on 13 13 75.


How do I request to have my meter moved and how much does it cost?

You can request to have your meter moved through BuilderNet. 

Please refer to our Water supply service fees for further information about the cost of meter relocations.

If your meter is moved more than 0.5m from it's existing position, you may also need to engage a plumber to relocate your internal water pipes. Water meters must remain within 1.5 m of your property boundary.

To request a meter relocation now, log in to BuilderNet as a guest user, and then click on 'Lodge a water service application'.



I am selling my house, what do I need to do?

When selling your house we will be informed of the sale or purchase details by the settlement agent. They will also organise a final water meter reading on your behalf. This will ensure you are only charged for the water that you used.

If your contact details have changed you need to inform us of this by filling out our change my details form.


What is an easement and how does it affect my proposed building?

An easement is a notification on your title deed outlining where restrictions may apply. It may affect the approval of your proposed building depending on the structure type.