Search results

Results per page

Your search for 'Buying selling and building' returned 23 results

I need to have a sewer main extension. What do I need to do?

You will need to engage a Consulting Engineer who will design and make all arrangements to extend the sewer main at your cost.


Can two or more homes connect to the same sewer connection?

A 100mm junction can service up to five home units and a 150mm junction is required for six or more home units.


Why do I have to pay for a plumber to move my pipes if I'm moving my meter more than 0.5 metres?

This is because we need to disconnect and seal the existing connection point and install a new service line off the water main at the new location. When we move the meter we will run a temporary plastic pipe back to your internal service, but you will then need to get a registered plumber to relocate the internal plumbing at your earliest convenience. To request a meter relocation, login to BuilderNet as a Guest user, then click ‘Lodge a water service application’.


How close can I build to the sewer pipe?

This depends on a variety of things. Please email us at with detailed information about what you are intending to build, and a site plan of the property on which you are intending to build it.


I am selling my house, what do I need to do?

When selling your house we will be informed of the sale or purchase details by the settlement agent. They will also organise a final water meter reading on your behalf. This will ensure you are only charged for the water that you used.

If your contact details have changed you need to inform us of this by filling out our change my details form.


What is the difference between a strata and green title?

The main differences are: for a green title, there must be an independent sewer and water service connection inside each new lot boundary.


I am a tenant moving house, what do I need to do?

You need to confirm with the property owner or their agent that the water meter will be read at the property you are vacating and at the property you are moving to.


How do I report a faulty meter?

You can report a fault online – but if a fault or damage to your meter results in you having no water available at your property, please call us now on 13 13 75.


Can I put my meter into a box?

In certain circumstances we may be able to install your meter in a box. There are strict conditions around this, so please contact us at or call 13 13 95 for more information.


Does Water Corporation install sub meters?

Yes, we supply and install sub-meters for multi-residential developments, typically strata schemes, which have three units or more OR strata titled commercial lots.