Search results

Results per page

Your search for 'Buying selling and building' returned 23 results

I am buying a home, what do I need to do?

Unlike electricity, gas and internet services, we don’t disconnect our services or issue a final bill when a property is sold. Instead, the water and wastewater account remains linked to the property. If you are buying a home, you do not need to contact us if you are using a settlement agent. The settlement agent will inform us of the sale or purchase details and will organise a special meter reading on your behalf. This will ensure you are only charged for the water that you used. 

See Buying or selling for more information. 

If your contact details have changed you need to inform us of this by filling out our change my details form


Do I need to request a special meter reading?

If you are moving into or out of a property, a special meter reading will need to be conducted. If you are a tenant, it is the property owner or agent's responsibility to organise a meter reading. If you are buying or selling, special meter readings are completed by settlement agents.


What is an illegal building notice?

An advice sent to the owner stating that the Corporation has not received a building application/plans for the proposed or completed development.