Our online tool to help you track and compare your household water use.
Water Watchers is a progressive web application which customers can use to check their water use and compare it to others.
2. Browser support
Water Watchers supports the following browser types and versions:
- Chrome (versions 65 and 66)
- Edge (versions 15 and 16)
- Firefox (versions 58 and 59)
- Internet Explorer (version 11)
- Safari (versions 10 and 11)
3. Agree to continue
- By accessing and using Water Watchers, you agree to be bound by and to comply with these Conditions, as amended from time to time, which apply to your access and use of Water Watchers and to the performance of Water Watchers, and the services and other Material contained in Water Watchers or provided by it.
- Please read and ensure that you clearly understand and accept these Conditions before you proceed to use Water Watchers. Please exit Water Watchers if you do not agree to accept and be bound by these Conditions.
In these Conditions:
Conditions means these Water Watchers Conditions of Use.
Material means any document, information, data obtained from Water Watchers.
Website means the internet site at the domain http://waterwatchers.watercorporation.com.au
You or Your means the person who accepts the Conditions, either personally or on behalf of a company or other legal entity and includes, if acceptance is on behalf a company or other legal entity, the company or other legal entity’s officers, employees, and agents.
We, our or us means the Water Corporation a statutory body corporate created by the Water Corporation Act 1995 (WA), its officers, employees and contractors.
- Statistical information is collected by us in relation to the use of Water Watchers, which allows us to improve Water Watchers by understanding how our customers use Water Watchers.
6. Right to amend conditions
We reserve the right to amend these Conditions from time to time, in our sole discretion, and without notice, by posting the varied terms on Water Watchers.
- Copyright in Water Watchers including the Material, online graphics, audio and video on Water Watchers, is vested in us or our affiliates and their respective copyright.
- Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, customer feedback or as otherwise permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), no part of Water Watchers or the Materials, online graphics or audio and video on Water Watchers may be reproduced or re-used for any commercial purpose without our prior written authorisation. Requests for authorisation should be made via the ‘Contact Us’ link.
8. Sharing of material
Where Water Watchers provides authorisation to copy or receive data, use of that data must be in accordance with our intended purpose only; and
- You are bound by any specific copyright requirements advised to and agreed by you, as part of the authorisation process for Water Watchers;
- Must not be made available to persons other than those being the actual customer, property owner or those delegated appropriate responsibilities for that specific property by the actual customer or owner;
- Must not be re-published or quoted in an attempt to discredit us, our officers, employees, contractors, customers and other stakeholders;
- Must not be used for resale for any gain or where gain is expected; and
9. Links from other websites
Water Watchers may have links to and from external Internet sites. These external information sources are provided purely for convenience and are outside our control. We do not:
- Endorse or provide implicit or explicit approval of any material obtained from other websites;
- Warrant or assume any responsibility for the quality, accuracy, source, merchantability, fitness for purpose or any other aspect of the material on those websites, and you must make your own assessment regarding any material obtained from another website.
10. Accuracy of material
- The Material in Water Watchers is provided by us in good faith and with reasonable care. However, some of this information may become inaccurate or out of date due to changes. We do not warrant the accuracy or currency of the Material in Water Watchers and reliance on the Material is at your sole risk.
- We will not be liable to you, or any of your officers, agents or employees, for any direct or indirect loss (including, consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, loss of business opportunities or loss of goodwill), however caused, which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise from or in connection with your use of Water Watchers or your use and reliance upon any of the Material contained in, or provided by, Water Watchers to you, or our negligence or our breach of our obligations under these Conditions.
We cannot guarantee that Water Watchers and the Material contained within, or downloaded from, is free from computer viruses or any other defect or error which may affect your software or systems. To protect your software and systems we suggest you install and implement your own system protection software.
In the case of technical problems that you cannot solve, please check the Website for relevant support or contact us via the ‘Contact Us’ link.
13. Security of data
- We will take all reasonable precautions to protect data, from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, while stored on either our web server or on the web servers of parties engaged by us to provide all or part of a service, but we will not otherwise be liable for any unauthorised access by any means to that data.
- Should you suspect or become aware of a breach of security we ask that you immediately notify us via the ‘Contact Us’ link and suspend the use of all electronic communications until we are satisfied that appropriate steps have been taken to ensure the security of electronic communications with you.
14. Data backups
- We undertake electronic backup of our computer based systems for our purposes only.
- You should implement your own backup and recovery facilities and procedures for data accessed from Water Watchers.
15. Username and password
- If you register for Water Watchers, it is your responsibility to keep your username and password secure and protected and we suggest that you change your password on a regular basis in order to maintain password security.
- You must immediately notify us via the Contact Us link or calling 13 13 85 if you become aware of the loss or theft or unauthorised use of your username and password, following which, we will, as soon as reasonably possible, disable access to Water Watchers for that username and issue you with a replacement.
16. Using and registering for Water Watchers
In using and/ or registering for Water Watchers you agree to use the Water Watchers in a lawful, ethical and responsible manner and to follow any instructions provided by us for the use of the Water Watchers.
17. Revoking access
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to immediately suspend or terminate your access to, and use of, or to revoke your use of, Water Watchers. This discretion is likely to be exercised in the following circumstances:
- Inappropriate or unreasonable use of Water Watchers; or
- Deliberate or reckless disruption to Water Watchers; or
- Use your Internet access to menace, create a nuisance or harass others or attempt to do so or make any denial-of-service attacks on us or any other users or networks relating to us or attempt to do so; or
- Unlawful attempts to gain access to other applications or networks which we use or operate; or
- Breaches any of the copyright requirements of these Conditions.
If we waive any breach of the Conditions of the breach by you, this will not constitute a waiver of any other breach. No waiver will be effective unless made in writing.
You agree to release and indemnify and keep us indemnified from and against all actions, claims, costs, losses, proceedings, damages, liabilities, or demands suffered by us arising out of or in connection with your:
- Failure to comply with the Conditions; and
- Use of Water Watchers.
20. Availability of Water Watchers
We will endeavour to have the general functions of Water Watchers fully available to you at all times.
- You acknowledge that Water Watchers may not be available in certain circumstances. Please refer to the Website for relevant information or contact us via the ‘Contact Us’ link to find out more information.
- You acknowledge that Water Watchers may malfunction or become temporarily unavailable due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- We reserve the right to suspend the availability of Water Watchers at any time. We will endeavour to restore the service as soon as possible after any such outage.
- Where this Water Watchers is unavailable, we accept no liability for Water Watchers being unable to perform either in whole or in part any of the functions which we have claimed to support.
21. Exclusion of warranties
So far as permitted by law, except for those implied terms or warranties that are imposed by law that are mandatory and cannot be excluded, we give no warranties regarding Water Watchers or any Material in Water Watchers, whether relating to defects in quality or characteristics, or otherwise, and all other conditions, warranties, stipulations or other statements whatsoever, whether express or implied, by act of Parliament, at common law, or otherwise howsoever, are expressly excluded.
If any part of the Conditions is found to be void, unlawful, or unenforceable then that part will be deemed to be severed without affecting the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
23. Governing law and jurisdiction
These Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Western Australia and are within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Western Australia.