Customers in Peppermint Grove Beach, Yallingup, Cowaramup, Margaret River, Walpole and Denmark will be eligible to apply for a rainwater tank rebate.
Rainwater tanks are a great way to reduce our dependency on scheme water. And when they’re plumbed into your home, the benefits are even greater – saving up to 20% of the average in-house water use each year. A 125m2 roof area can collect up to 51,000 litres of water annually, supplying part of a household’s water needs.
Rainwater Rewards offers the following rebates:
- New tank and plumbing - up to a maximum of $1000 for a new rainwater tank with a capacity of 2000L or more that is plumbed in;
- Plumbing in an existing tank - up to a maximum of $500 for plumbing in an existing rainwater tank with a capacity of 2000L or more;
- Replacing an existing plumbed in tank - up to a maximum of $500 for the rainwater tank with a capacity of 2000L or more.
Rainwater Rewards is available in the following locations:
- Peppermint Grove Beach
- Margaret River
How to claim the reward
complete, sign and submit the Application Form
- include a copy of the tax invoice for the purchase of the tank,
- include the licensed plumber’s declaration, as well as a copy of the tax invoice and receipt for plumbing work
Apply for a rainwater tank rebate
This program is available to Water Corporation customers connected to scheme water.
It's important that you read and understand the terms and conditions before participating and/or applying for the Rainwater Rebate Program.
Overview of program
Each year around 51,000 litres of water could be collected from a 125m2 roof area and used to supply part of your household’s water needs.
The Corporation’s Rainwater Rebate Program offers the following rebates:
- for a new rainwater tank that is plumbed in to the toilet or laundry has a rebate of up to $1000 or the cost of the tank and plumbing – whichever is the lesser amount;
- for an existing tank to be plumbed in to the toilet or laundry has a rebate of up to $500 or the cost of the plumbing work – whichever is the lesser amount.
- for a new rainwater tank to replace one that is already plumbed in to the toilet or laundry has a rebate of up to $500 or the cost of the rainwater tank – whichever is the lesser amount.
Water Corporation offers this Rainwater Rebate Program in accordance with the following terms and conditions. By participating in and applying for the Rainwater Rebate Program you have accepted the following terms and conditions.
- The terms in these conditions have the following meaning:
- Date of purchase means the date on which the rainwater tank was purchase. If the purchase was made in instalments, the date of purchase is the day on which the last instalment was made.
- Corporation means Water Corporation.
- Scheme water means water supplied by the Corporation through its drinking water supply network.
- Plumbed In means a permanent connection, installed by a licensed plumber, between a rainwater tank to the internal plumbing of the house, specifically to the toilet or laundry (for washing machine use).
- Proof of purchase means for example, a receipt or tax invoice for the rainwater tank and/or plumbing services. The receipt or tax invoice must include the rainwater tank capacity in litres.
- Program means the Corporation’s Rainwater Rebate Program.
Application process for Rainwater Rebate
- To claim a rebate, the applicant must complete, sign and submit an application form along with:
a) a copy of the tax invoice for the purchase of the tank;
b) the licensed plumber’s declaration; and
c) a copy of the tax invoice and receipt for plumbing work.
- Please DO NOT send original tax invoices and receipts, as we cannot guarantee they will be returned.
- A licensed plumber is required to Plumb In the rainwater tank and must complete Section 5 of the application form including:
a) the size (capacity) of the rainwater tank;
b) certifying that the rainwater tank meets all relevant standards and government requirements;
c) certifying that the rainwater tank is Plumbed In to the toilet or laundry and fully operational.
- Applicants are required to provide evidence to support claims made on the Application Form if requested. The Corporation will conduct audits of tanks to verify program compliance.
- The applicant should allow four (4) weeks for the application to be processed. Applications that are incomplete may take longer than four (4) weeks to process.
Applicant and property eligibility for Rainwater Rebate
- To be eligible to obtain the rebate:
a) the applicant must:
- be the owner of the property where the rainwater tank has been installed;
- be the purchaser of the rainwater tank and the payee of the plumbing expenses; and
- submit the completed application form and a copy of the proof of purchase on or before 31 May 2020; and
b) the property must:
- be located in the towns listed on the Corporation’s website at www.watercorporation.com.au/rainwaterrewards; and
- be one of the following:
a) residential property;
b) non-residential property;
c) corporate-owned property;
d) charity-owned property;
f) not-for-profit property (such as a sporting club); or
g) government (Federal and State) owned property; and
- be habitable or will be habitable upon the completion of the building;
- not have claimed a rebate through this Program before;
- be connected to the Corporation’s scheme water supply; and
c) the rainwater tank must:
i. be purchased and Plumbed In on or after 1 October 2019; (new tanks)
ii. be Plumbed In to the property (toilet or laundry) by a licensed plumber on or after 1 October 2019; (existing tanks)
iii. meet relevant standards and government requirements, such as local building restrictions and regulations;
iv. be fully operational;
v. have adequate mosquito controls; and
vi. have a minimum capacity of 2000 litres.
- For avoidance doubt, the installation and Plumbed In of a rainwater tank can only be claimed once over the life of the Program.
- The total value of rebates offered is limited and must be claimed over the period of 1 October 2019 to 31 May 2020. Rebates will cease on 31 May 2020 or when the Program funds have been expended. Please contact the Corporation after 31 May 2020 to confirm whether or not the Program is continuing.
- We encourage you to obtain a copy of the Urban Rainwater Collection pamphlet before you have a tank installed. This is available here or by contacting the Department of Health on (08) 9388 4999.
- Final decisions regarding rebate eligibility will be made by the Corporation.
Other terms and conditions
- The Corporation is not liable for any damage, claims or loss whatsoever suffered as a result of you participating in the Program, unless, and only to the extent the Corporation has been negligent.
- The Corporation is not liable for any plumbing work undertaken by the Plumber. Please contact the Plumber and/or manufacturer, directly, should you experience any product faults with your rainwater tank and/or to obtain your warranty.