In October 2014 we referred the Balannup Wastewater Pressure Main project to the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA). At this time the EPA requested more information to enable them to set a level of assessment for the project. This was provided and the EPA re-advertised the proposal on in March 2016 for a further public comment period.
In May 2016 the EPA announced it will formally assess our proposal and that the assessment is warranted at the level of an Assessment on Proponent Information: Category A (API: A). You can read the EPA’s statement, or see the EPA’s determination via their website.
On January 23, 2017, the Environmental Protection Authority announced it's recommended approval for the relevant project. To review the EPA relevant report please visit the EPA website.
On October 3, 2017, the Minister for Environment gave environmental approval relevant for the proposal. For more information, read the Ministerial Statement.
Environmental plans & reports
Please note that due to the large size of some of the following documents, copies are available on request by contacting our Community Engagement team via email email@example.com.
- Compliance Assessment Plan (PDF - 235KB)
- Compliance Assessment Report - January 2019 (PDF - 17MB)
- Construction Environmental Management Framework (PDF - 25MB)
- Baseline Survey and Monitoring Plan - Flora and Vegetation and Hydrological Processes (PDF - 55MB)
- Baseline Survey Report - Flora and Vegetation and Hydrological Processes (PDF - 11MB)