We will construct a new 2.5 million litre water tank, a new pump station, and 18.35 kilometres of new water main to improve the supply and quality of water to the towns of Kondinin and Hyden.
This work will involve construction of a new water main along the following roads:
- 8.35 kms of new water main along Kulin-Lake Grace Road
- 1.05 kms of new water main along Tarin Rock Road
- 6.97 kms of new water main along Young Road
- 1.98 kms of new water main along Sloan Road.
- Improve the reliability of supply to customers in the town of Kondinin and Hyden.
- Improve water quality.
The new water main work will take place mostly within cleared farmland. In some areas, the pipeline will be installed within the road verge or the roadway itself. All directly affected customers will be contacted prior to work starting. Traffic management will be in place during the work to ensure the safety of road users and our workers.
We appreciate the community’s understanding while this essential work is undertaken and apologise for any inconvenience.
This project will be starting in late May 2017 and will take approximately 12 months to be completed. Work is expected to take place between the normal working hours of Monday to Friday, 7am–5pm, with some work being carried out on a Saturday where required.
- For further information on this project please contact the Community Engagement Officer, Elecia Wheat at email@example.com or call (08) 9420 3265 during work hours.
- For more technical enquiries, please contact the Project Manager, Brad Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9420 3939 during work hours.
- For after hours assistance please contact our 24 hour Faults, Emergencies and Security line on 13 13 75.