We will construct a new 2.5 million litre water tank, a new pump station, and 18.35 kilometres of new water main to improve the supply and quality of water to the towns of Kondinin and Hyden.
This work will involve construction of a new water main along the following roads:
- 8.35 kms of new water main along Kulin-Lake Grace Road
- 1.05 kms of new water main along Tarin Rock Road
- 6.97 kms of new water main along Young Road
- 1.98 kms of new water main along Sloan Road.
- Improve the reliability of supply to customers in the town of Kondinin and Hyden.
- Improve water quality.
Drilling and Blasting activities:
The Sloan Road and Young Road intersection will be closed on Tuesday 23 January 2018, between 8am and 12pm to complete drilling and blasting activities in this area. These activities are required to break through the rocky terrain, which makes up part of this area where we are installing the new pipe. All local residents will be notified before this work occurs and the road closure will be in place for a maximum of four hours. Road users will still be able to access the town centre via Carlson Road.
There will be an increase in noise in the area, whilst this work is taking place; however a comprehensive Drill and Blast Management Plan will be adhered to, to minimise the impact of these construction activities.
A clearance zone of 500 metres will be set out for any blasting activities, which will allow any rock fragments to disperse in a safe manner. Controls will also be put in place to ensure dust, noise and vibrations from this work are minimised.
The new water main work will take place mostly within cleared farmland. In some areas, the pipeline will be installed within the road verge or the roadway itself. All directly affected customers will be contacted prior to work starting. Traffic management will be in place during the work to ensure the safety of road users and our workers.
We appreciate the community’s understanding while this essential work is undertaken and apologise for any inconvenience.
This project started in May 2017 and will take approximately 12 months to be completed. Work is expected to take place between the normal working hours of Monday to Friday, 7am–5pm, with some work being carried out on a Saturday where required.
- For further information on this project please contact the Community Engagement Officer, Elecia Wheat at email@example.com or call (08) 9420 3265 during work hours.
- For more technical enquiries, please contact the Project Manager, Brad Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9420 3939 during work hours.
- For after hours assistance please contact our 24 hour Faults, Emergencies and Security line on 13 13 75.