We are investing in upgrades including the installation of valves, new sections of pipe, cross connections and flow meters.
These upgrades will improve the Newman Water Supply Scheme by allowing us to limit the impact of future water supply interruptions and increase the reliability of the scheme.
Water Supply Interruptions
In order to perform this work, sections of our water supply scheme must be temporarily turned off. If you're in an impacted area, you will receive a letter in advance of any interruption.
The following outages are planned for January 2018, and any outages in February and March will be added in the coming weeks.
- Night works: 11pm Monday 12 February to 6am Tuesday 13 February (7 hours)
- Impacted areas:18 properties including the Purple Pub Hotel; corner of Hilditch Avenue and Newman Drive.
- Night works: midnight Thursday 15 February to 4am Tuesday 16 February (6 hours)
- Impacted areas:29 properties including the Purple Pub Hotel; corner of Giles Avenue and Newman Drive.
- Night works: 11pm Sunday 18 February to 6 am Sunday 21 Jan (7 hours)
- Impacted areas: corner of Giles Avenue and Newman Drive.
We aim to undertake work at the most convenient time, reducing impact to our customers. We thank the community in advance for their understanding and cooperation.
For more information please contact Moe Oo, Project Manager on (08) 9186 8283 or Regional Engagement and Communications Officer, Sandy Hooft, on email@example.com or call (08) 9186 8266.
For after-hours assistance please contact our 24 hour Faults, Emergencies and Security line on 13 13 75.