Pipes for Perth Working Group meeting minutes & actions Thursday 18 July 2019
Pipes for Fremantle Working Group meeting minutes & actions Thursday 4 July 2019
Pipes for Fremantle Working Group meeting minutes & actions Thursday 21 June 2019
13 August 2019
Construction work started on Collie Street and Bannister Street today. Please note that Collie Street car park will remain open throughout the project.
We will have another Open House Information session on Tuesday, 3 September 2019 at our Pop-Up shop at 66 High Street from 4pm-6pm. This is an opportunity for you to seek advice, ask questions, raise concerns and discuss the work. There will be representatives from the our project team, the Small Business Development Commission, and a loss of businesses assessor.
9 August 2019
Construction work will start the week of Monday 12 August 2019 on Bannister Street and Collie Street. Work will be carried out in the southern lanes.
- Bannister Street – Week of 12 August to the week of 2 September 2019.
- Collie Street – Week of 12 August to the week of 9 September 2019.
This work will be carried out Monday – Saturday 7am-7pm.
Market Street and South Terrace – service locating
Work to locate underground services along Market Street and South Terrace is scheduled to take place from the week of Monday 12 August 2019.
- Tuesday 12 August to Friday 16 August 2019 from 7am to 5pm (week days only)
- Monday 19 August to Wednesday 21 August 2019 from 8pm to 5am. Noise management plans will be in place during this night work.
Members of the project team will be visiting businesses on Market Street and South Terrace next week to discuss the work including any planned traffic management.
We will have another Open House Information session on Tuesday, 3 September 2019 at our Pop-Up shop at 66 High Street from 4pm-6pm. This is an opportunity for you to seek advice, ask questions, raise concerns and discuss the work. There will be representatives from the Water Corporation Project Team, the Small Business Development Commission, and a loss of businesses assessor.
The loss of business assessor will be attending to guide you through what kind of information they require for a loss of business claim and how the loss of business claims process works.
The Small Business Development Commission representative will be able to offer their advice on; businesses being impacted by construction work, business marketing, financial management, structure, bookkeeping, strategy, permits, employment, insurance and risk.
24 June 2019
On Thursday 20 June 2019 the Pipes for Fremantle working group met for the first time at the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce. The group consisted of representatives from across the project including the City of Fremantle and the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce. There was much discussion about proposed working hours for the project, signage, security fencing, parking and general promotion of the area while work is underway. The group also discussed at lengths a review of updated streets for renewal in 2019 and 2020. Minutes from the meeting will be available on the project webpage by COB Tuesday 25 June 2019. The working group will next meet 4 July.
To date we've only received a total of 32 responses from customers. Based on this result, last night the working group made the decision to leave the current customer survey open for further feedback. We encourage all customers to vote for your preferred working hours and days for the project. The survey will remain open until midnight Friday 28 June 2019. Thank you to everyone who has participated in the survey to date.
We have now awarded the contract for the first package of work to DM Civil and we will start working with them on their construction schedules. We will share this information with all customers once it becomes available.
Based on feedback from the community and key stakeholders, we've moved some streets for renewal from 2019 to 2020, and some from 2020 to 2019. A reduced scope in 2019 also means we avoid construction work continuing into the summer months.
Streets for renewal mid-July to November 2019
- Bannister Street, between Pakenham Street to Market Street
- Collie Street, between Marine Terrace and South Terrace
- Pakenham Street, between Collie Street and Leake Street
- Market Street, between High Street and Bannister Street
- South Terrace, between Bannister Street and Norfolk Street
We'll be in touch with businesses on these streets shortly to discuss next steps.
Streets for renewal March to mid-2020 (months be confirmed)
- Norfolk Street, between Marine Terrace and South Terrace
- Essex Lane, between Collie Street and Essex Street
- Essex Street, between Marine Terrace and South Terrace
- High Street, between Little High Street and Market Street
- Leake Street and Cantonment Street, between Pakenham Street and Queen Street
- Nairn Street, between Pakenham Street and Market Street
- Marine Terrace, between Cliff Street and Suffolk Street, and Howard Street and Price Street
Please note, the above timings are subject to change.