Renew the ageing water main along Roe Street to help secure the reliability of water to customers in Northbridge and the surrounding areas.
October 2018 - September 2019
In October 2018 Civcon began work to replace 1.2 kilometers of ageing water main along Roe Street between Fitzgerald Street and Stirling Street.
This work is happening on both the north and south side of Roe Street depending on the position of services underground, connections, valves, tree roots and the bike path.
To complete this complex work, the renewal has been separated into four stages. Including;
- Fitzgerald to Lake – complete
- Lake to William Street – May 2019 – August 2019 (Being carried out in conjunction with Western Power)
- William to Beaufort – complete
- Beaufort to Stirling – complete
Full reinstatement will take place from beginning of September to the end of September 2019.
Civcon are also required to excavate and lay the main across the road to connect the new water main to connections on the other side of the road. These cross-connections are happening at all the intersections, and along Roe Street where required.
Why is this taking place?
This work is being undertaken to renew the ageing water main along Roe Street. The water main is beginning to show signs of wear and tear. Replacing the water main will help futureproof Northbridge and Perth’s water supply for many decades to come.
When is this happening?
October 2018 – September 2019
For general enquires please contact Pipes for Perth Customers Solutions Team, Email: email@example.com, Phone: (08) 9420 3529
For enquiries requiring immediate action onsite i.e. property access; Civcon Project Engineer - David Drewett on 0403 162 939
The only Roe Street road closures are as below (please refer to the map below).
- Closure of a section between William Street & Beaufort Street (approximately 100m) - From 19 August 9.30am to 22 August 5pm.
- Closure at the intersection of Lake Street and Roe Street - From 23 August 9pm to 26 August 5am
After Roe Street and Lake Street intersection is complete, there will be some minor single lane road closures and contraflow in place until full project completion on the week of 23 September 2019.
We apologise for the oversight.
Map of work
Who to contact
- Call Civcon Roe Street Project Engineer, David Drewett on 0403 162 939
- Call our dedicated Pipes for Perth Customer Solutions team on (08) 9420 3529 (available 8am to 5pm weekdays)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To report a fault, emergency or security issue, please call 13 13 75 (available 24 hours)