Navigate home logo

Needing support to pay your bill is more common than you think. We understand customers experiencing payment difficulties may find it challenging to pay their bill for a variety of reasons. We do our best to work with our customers to find an appropriate, realistic and effective payment solution. Whether you need assistance with your home or business bills, we’re here to help make payments easier with support options for all customers.

Ready to pay your bill now?

If you're ready to pay your bill now and looking for different ways to pay, we offer several easy options. View payment method options

Short term assistance

Extend a bill due date 

If you need a little more time to pay, you can extend your bill due date by 28 days without incurring any interest or overdue charges.

Find out more or extend your bill.

Flexible payment arrangements

Having trouble paying your bills? If you can commit to a regular payment amount, a flexible payment arrangement may be suitable for you.

How it works:

  • Choose the amount and frequency of your payments.
  • No overdue reminder notices while you're on a payment arrangement.
  • If things change, get in touch, and we’ll adjust your payment arrangement to better suit your needs.
  • Under a payment arrangement, you won't be charged interest. If a payment is missed, interest will start to accrue.

Eligibility: Property owners, concession customers and authorised parties can apply to set up a payment arrangement. Each application will be reviewed to make sure you meet the eligibility criteria.

If you’re a tenant, you'll need the property owner to contact us first to give their consent. You can then call us to work out a payment arrangement. Please note tenants can’t apply online.

In the meantime, you may be able to extend your bill due date.

How to apply: 

Before you call or submit your application, please consider how much you can afford to pay and how often. This will help us tailor an option that suits your needs.

Make small payments online anytime

Making small regular payments towards your account between bills is an easy way to reduce the size of your bill when it arrives. Paying the same amount throughout the year can also help reduce your bills in summer when they are generally higher. 

Concession customers: While making small payments makes it easier to pay your bills, you'll need to ensure that you have paid the full amount by the due date to retain your concession rebate.

Make a payment

Small automatic payments with direct debit

You can set up small regular payments with direct debit making it easier to manage your bills as payments are automatically debited from your selected account, reducing the amount you have to pay when your bill arrives.

Eligibility: Owners and authorised parties can set up a small regular direct debit. If you’re renting, you can only set up a direct debit to pay in full when your bills are due because small regular payments aren't available for tenants.

Set up a direct debit


Centrepay is a voluntary bill-paying service which is free for Centrelink customers. Use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment. 

You can start or change a deduction at any time. The easiest way to do it is through your Centrelink account online in myGov. 

If you'd like us to set up your Centrepay deductions for you, call us on 1300 650 471.

Time Assist

Our Time Assist program is designed to support you when your circumstances unexpectedly change. We’ll place your account on hold for up to three months while you get back on your feet.

Eligibility: Property owners or an authorised person can apply. Time Assist only applies for a maximum of two outstanding bills. We expect that you’ll pay the outstanding amount by the end of the hold period. If not, you may need to apply for a payment arrangement or other support options. 

Apply online or call us on 1300 650 471.

Long term assistance

Are you juggling different bills?

If you’re having difficulties paying your household bills, a financial counsellor can help. Financial counsellors provide free, independent, and confidential services.

They will help you understand how to manage your money with tailored information and support. You can visit the National Debt Helpline website, a free service providing support and step-by-step guide on managing your money.

A financial counsellor can apply on your behalf for one of our financial assistance programs.

Water Assist

Water Assist is a regular interest-free payment arrangement where we’ll match payments you make dollar-for-dollar by up to $150 each month for a two-year term or when your outstanding balance falls below $50. So for every payment you make, we will credit your account with the same amount. For example, if you pay $100, your account will be credited by $200.

Eligibility: An owner/occupier assessed as experiencing financial hardship with an overdue amount over $750 and under $2,000. We can connect you to a registered financial counsellor, or you can choose your own. 

Learn more about Water assist or call us on 1300 650 471 to check if you’re eligible for Water Assist.

Start Over

Start Over program is about helping you into a regular payment arrangement to manage ongoing water use and service charges. If you make on-time payments for your current water use and service charges for one year, we'll match those payments as a credit towards your outstanding balance. If you do the same for a second year, we will waive your outstanding balance. Start Over provides an incentive that encourages regular payments as previous debt does not have to be paid down in the current year. 

Eligibility: An owner/occupier assessed as experiencing financial hardship by a registered Financial Counsellor with an overdue amount of over $2,000. We will connect you to a registered financial counsellor.

Learn more about Start over or call us on 1300 650 471 to check if you’re eligible for Start Over.  

Hardship Utility Grant Scheme (HUGS)

HUGS is a State Government initiative providing financial assistance to Western Australian utility customers who are in financial hardship and are unable to pay their water, gas or electricity bills.

Eligibility: You must have complied with a payment arrangement and made regular payments for 90 days on your account. Property owners or authorised parties can apply. Tenants are not eligible for this initiative. Before you consider HUGS, please read more about the eligibility criteria.

Call us on 1300 650 471 to check if you’re eligible for HUGS.

Additional tenant support

Referral to Financial Councillor

As a tenant, you can access a face-to-face counsellor for financial assistance should you need some extra support. Call us on 13 13 85 to find a financial counsellor near you.

Emergency Relief and Food Access Services (ERFAS)

ERFAS is available to support owners and tenants struggling to put food on the table, facing overdue bills and having reduced income or job loss. This service is provided by the Financial Wellbeing Collective. To find out more, visit Emergency Relief on the Financial Wellbeing Collective website.  

WA Connect

WA Connect is a free directory of community service providers managed by the DropIN team at the Western Australian Council of Social Service (WACOSS). It contains real time search results of emergency relief services, with relevant resources. Users can search for food relief, financial counsellors, and emergency accommodation, among other services, and get a list of services that can provide assistance in the location that is convenient. WA Connect is a free directory for service providers, and people looking for assistance.  

Learn more about WA Connect.

Additional business support

Small business helpline

If you or someone you know is struggling with business finances, help is available. The Small Business Debt Helpline is a free service for small business owners having difficulty paying their bills.

Small business financial counselling

The Financial Wellbeing Collective can help you get things back on track. They offer access to financial counsellors with flexible appointment options.