The Water Corporation will not collect Personal and Sensitive Information or Confidential Information unless the information is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of the Water Corporation’s functions, powers or activities.
The Water Corporation may ask individuals to provide information via various methods including telephone, fax and forms (hard copy and electronic, such as via a website) in support of an application by the individual for a particular service from the Water Corporation. The Water Corporation will collect Personal and Sensitive Information or Confidential Information about an individual only from that individual, unless the individual consents to the collection of the information from someone else.
The Water Corporation collects the following types of Personal and Sensitive Information:
- Customer information
- Supplier and contractor information
- Recruitment information
- Employee information
- Stakeholder information
- Credit history information
- Competition entrant details
- Personal information provided via our website
- Personal information provided via social media
- Personal information captured by our surveillance devices
- Personal information resulting from customer complaints, investigations, prosecutions and litigation.
The Personal and Sensitive Information collected from individuals may be used:
- To provide individuals with the service that they requested or to meet the purpose for which the information was submitted;
- To identify with whom the Water Corporation is communicating (if necessary);
- To create de-identified aggregate data about certain groups of individuals; or
- For any other purpose the Water Corporation considers necessary.
The Water Corporation will not collect or use Sensitive Information or Confidential Information about an individual unless the individual consents to the collection of the information and the information is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of the Water Corporation’s functions or activities. Where the personal information of an individual has been attained from a third party provider, the Water Corporation will confirm from the provider that the individual has consented to the use by and disclosure to a third party of that personal information.
The Water Corporation’s collection, use or disclosure of Non Identifying Information is not subject to this policy.