Our service commitment
Review of water use charges
Water use charges are based on a meter reading or an estimate of the quantity of water used.
We will review your bill at your request in accordance with the Water Services Code of Conduct (Customer Service Standards) 2013. After conducting a review of a bill, if we are satisfied the bill is correct, we may:
- request payment of any unpaid amount
- conduct a meter test if you believe the meter reading is incorrect
- provide you with information about the operation of our internal and external complaints process, which includes your right to refer any complaint to the Energy and Water Service Ombudsman.
When a meter reading is requested, we will conduct the test within 10 days of receiving your request and payment of the fee, or at an agreed day and time.
Visit Reading your meter for more information on a meter test.
Estimated water use
We respect your right to lock entrance gates to your property. However, safe access to your meter for reading and servicing is a legislated requirement. If we do not have access to your meter, we may bill you on an estimate of your water use.
If you receive an estimated account due to non-access to the meter and you believe the estimate is not in line with normal use, you may provide an actual reading.
If the water use is based on an estimate, we will notify you on request of:
- the reason for the estimate
- the basis of the estimate.
If you wish to dispute the estimated water use, you may request a revised bill based on further information you provide us.
Visit Estimated meter reads for more information.
Adjustment of bill
If you have been overcharged, we must tell you and follow the procedures for repayment in accordance with the Water Services Code of Conduct (Customer Service Standards) 2013.
- tell you if an overcharge has occurred within 15 business days of becoming aware of the overcharging
- provide you with options on how to have the overcharged amount credited to your account or refunded to you
- provide the refunds of any overcharged amount within 15 business days of your lodged request.
If you have been undercharged, we may recover the undercharged amount from you in accordance with the Water Services Code of Conduct (Customer Service Standards) 2013.
- only recover the amount undercharged for a service provided in the 12 months prior to the date we notified you of the undercharging
- list the amount undercharged in a special bill or as a separate item in the next bill with an explanation of that amount
- not charge a late payment fee or bill interest on any undercharged amount
- offer you the opportunity to pay this amount in interest free instalments over the same period of time you were undercharged.