Customer complaint resolution

We value your input into our continued effort to improve the services provided to you.

If you have a complaint about our products or services, we encourage you to contact us directly in the first instance to enable a quick and effective resolution, free of charge.

We will do all that we can to investigate and resolve any complaints within 15 business days of you contacting us.

If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of our investigation, you can lodge your complaint with the Energy and Water Ombudsman.

How to lodge a complaint

You can advise us of your complaint by:

  • Calling our Customer Service Centres
    • For accounts complaints 13 13 85 (between 8am–5pm weekdays, except public holidays)
    • For water service complaints 13 13 75 (24 hours)
  • Submitting our online form, available on the Contact us page (see ‘Email us now’)
  • Faxing us on (08) 9423 7722
  • Writing to us at: Locked bag 2, Osborne Park Delivery Centre, WA 6916.

If you have hearing or speech difficulties you can call the National Relay Service on 133 677 and request number 13 13 85 for accounts or 13 13 75 (24 hours) for water service issues.

If English is not your first language, call the telephone interpreter service on 13 14 50 and request number 13 13 85 for accounts or 13 13 75 (24 hours) for water service issues.

Complaints resolution process

  • When you register a complaint, we will acknowledge this by recording your complaint for further investigation and resolution.
  • We will work towards addressing your complaints within 15 business days commencing from the date the complaint was received.
  • We will contact you either by phone or in writing (if requested) concerning the outcome of your complaint.
  • We will postpone any debt recovery action while a billing complaint is being investigated.

If you are not satisfied that the outcome is fair and reasonable, you can:

  • request that we advise you of the reasons for the outcome in writing
  • refer the complaint to the Energy and Water Ombudsman. 

Energy and Water Ombudsman

The Energy and Water Ombudsman receives, investigates and facilitates the resolution of complaints from residential and small business customers about their water service provider. This is a free and independent service.


The Energy and Water Ombudsman
PO Box Z5386
Perth WA 6831


(08) 9220 7588 or 1800 754 004 (toll free for country callers)


For further information on the Water Ombudsman complaint process and matters they can and cannot investigate please visit the Energy and Water Ombudsman website.


Sometimes disagreements arise between Water Corporation and members of the community over matters such as land value, compensation for property damage or insurance claims.

If a disagreement cannot be resolved through our standard complaints management processes, it can then go through a confidential and voluntary mediation process.

Voluntary mediation is a process in which the parties to a dispute, with the help of a mediator, will: 

  • identify the disputed issues
  • develop options
  • consider alternatives
  • endeavour to reach an agreement. 

The mediator’s role is to facilitate communication, promote understanding, focus the parties on their interests and seek solutions to problems that enable parties to reach their own agreements. Mediation is an effective and efficient way to resolve disputes outside the formal legal process.

Mediation is not suitable for disputes which:

  • are more appropriately dealt with by the Energy and Water Ombudsman 
  • relate to commercial contracts (these should be dealt with through the dispute resolution procedure outlined in the relevant contract). 

To find out more about the process, costs and how to proceed, please read our mediation brochure.

Mediation: an effective way to work together