Navigate home logo

Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the recent bushfires across the Great Southern, South West and Wheatbelt. We extend our sincere appreciation and thanks to DFES, the volunteer and career firefighters, and all those who have worked tirelessly to protect lives and property, including our own infrastructure.

If your home or business has been impacted by the bushfires, we have financial support and assistance options to help you get through this difficult time. Please find everything you need to know, including how to apply, below.

Support for losing a property

If you have lost your property, we have a range of support available:

  • All new and existing charges will be waived and no recovery action for 12 months
  • A water use allowance of up to 50,000 litres granted (automatically applied for the town of Hester)
  • All new service charges will be waived until February 2023
  • No cost for the repair or replacement of your fire-damaged water meter
  • Building application fees and water service disconnection or reconnection fees will be waived
  • Flexible payment options and payment assistance, such as putting your account on hold through our Time Assist program, is also available

Support for property fire damage or housing evacuees

If you have experienced property damage as a result of the bushfires or housed evacuees, an allowance of up to 50,000 litres on your water use will be granted. You will not incur any costs for repairing or replacing a fire-damaged water meter.

Flexible payment options and payment assistance, such as putting your account on hold through our Time Assist program, is also available.

Assistance with clean-up and property repairs

Any fire-damaged water meters will be repaired at no cost to you. You’re also eligible to receive up to 50,000 litres allowance on your water use (pending individual circumstances), to help with the recovery and clean up.

Additional requests for financial support

Any requests for higher allowance will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If at any time you’re having trouble paying your bills, we have various flexible payment arrangements to help make your payments easier.

How to apply

To apply for a water use allowance, please call us on 13 13 85. We’re here to help you receive the assistance you need. Please take care and stay safe.