What you need to know prior to submitting your application and how to lodge one online.
Before submitting your application online
We recommend completing a self-assessment of your application by following these steps:
- Obtain plans from Dial Before You Dig.
- Determine the location of the sewer main.
- Determine the material and the depth of the sewer main.
- Refer to the Residential guidelines for designers document for the appropriate protection of sewer main information.
- Self-assess your design in compliance with our requirements.
- Submit your application.
How to submit your building application online
You can use our online self-service system BuilderNet to lodge your application. If you are not a regular BuilderNet user, use our Guest Account option to log in.
- Login to BuilderNet and lodge the relevant application.
- Attach electronic copies of your architectural floor plans and site plans, as well as any other documents relevant to your application, in PDF or JPEG format.
- We will email your invoice, outlining the application fees. You will need to pay these fees before your application is approved.
Submit your application now
How much do I need to pay?
Application fees are calculated based on the location, the purpose and the construction cost of the building. Once we have received your application, we will send you an invoice outlining the fees.
Find out more about our building application fees
Why do I need to lodge a building application?
We need to check your plans to ensure that:
- our water, wastewater and drainage services are protected and can be easily accessed for maintenance and emergencies
- connections are available to service your development
- there will not be any trade waste that can damage our sewer mains
- there is no backflow risk.