Need help with your bill?

We understand juggling finances can be challenging and stressful at times. If you’re having trouble paying your bill, we’re here to help you. We have a number of payment plans, assistance programs and flexible options to suit your personal circumstance.


Set up direct debit

Save time and take the hassle out of paying your water bill by signing up for a fee free automatic payment. Select which payment method suits you best.

Set up direct debit


Request a due date extension

We understand if sometimes you need a little more time to pay your bill. You can extend your due date by 28 days, no questions asked*. Extend your due date through MyWater or call us on 1300 659 752 and follow the prompts, and we'll let you know your new due date, there and then.

*Some eligibility criteria exists, such as a limit of one extension per bill.

EXTEND YOUR DUE DATE        CALL 1300 659 752

Talk to us about your options

If you're having trouble paying your bill, or if paying your water charges will affect your ability to meet living expenses, you may eligible for one of our assistance programs. We know it may be hard to talk about it, but it's important you contact us as soon as possible so we can do everything we can to help.

There are many reasons you may not be able to pay your water bill, from an unexpected emergency, a loss of income or a chronic medical condition.

We have a number of assistance programs available. One of our dedicated specialists will be able to assist you in the best way possible for your personal situation.

Call us on 1300 659 752 to discuss or use our webchat located at the bottom right of your screen.

Hardship Utility Grant Scheme (HUGS)

The Hardship Utility Grant Scheme (HUGS) is a State Government scheme which provides financial assistance if you're having trouble meeting your water, gas and electricity bills.  

Water Assist Scheme

Water Assist Scheme is a regular and interest free payment plan where we’ll match any payments made by you, dollar for dollar. To be eligible, you'll need to contact a financial counsellor.

Financial counsellors are qualified professionals who provide information, support and advice if you're struggling to meet your bill payments. This is a free, independent and confidential service, and we can put you in touch with a financial counsellor to get you started.

From 1 July 2018 there will be three new programs available

Start Over

If you have a long-term debt, our Start Over program may help you reduce this. It's sometimes difficult to feel like you're making your outstanding debt reduce. The Start Over program has been designed to help you get ahead. You’ll need to pay new water charges for two years and at the end of each year, we'll match your payments. At the end of the second year, we'll clear the remainder of your outstanding debt from your account.

Medical Assist

Our Medical Assist program is designed to help households that have a family member with kidney disease undertaking home dialysis that requires higher water use. An allowance of up to 30,000 litres of water free of charge on every two-monthly bill is available.

Time Assist

We understand that sometimes things happen in life that can't be planned for. Our Time Assist program has been designed to help alleviate the stress when your circumstances unexpectedly change. We’ll place your account on hold for up to three months while you get back on your feet.

Call us on 1300 659 752



If you are currently receiving Centrelink payments, we can arrange for your bills to be automatically deducted from your regular Centrelink payments so you don’t have to worry about them.

Call us on 08 9240 0527

You may also be interested in

Are you eligible for a concession?

Apply online for pensioner and concession discounts
laptop computer

How waterwise are you around your home?

Calculate your water use & create an action plan
A calculator button with an icon of a house on it