Built in the 1920s, Churchman Brook Dam has always held a special charm for visitors due to its many scenic picnic spots and facilities that make it a great family day out.
Please note: There are some instances when our dam recreation areas will be closed, particularly in summer when there may be a bushfire risk. Before planning a visit to one of our dams, phone us 24 hours on 13 13 75 or check our Facebook page for a post about dam closures.
Aerial view of Churchman Brook Dam
- Capacity – 2.24 million kilolitres
- Catchment area – 16 square kilometres
- Reservoir length – 1.4 kilometres
- Height of wall (above foundations) – 26 metres
What to do?
Park area at Churchman Brook Dam
Enjoy the striking views with your friends and family while you relax in one of 5 picnic areas. Feel free to use the gas barbecues on your visit. Children can play on the modern playground and large grassed area.
Explore the natural bush on a marked walking trail, or check out the view from the top of the dam wall, which is accessible via a path from the picnic area at the base of the wall.
From July to November, see the spectacle of wildflower season.
Churchman Brook Dam is open every day of the week until 6pm (closes at 5pm from May to September). Times may vary, for the latest information please contact Perth Hills Armadale Visitor Centre on (08) 9394 5410.
Churchman Brook Dam - click image to expand
- 5 picnic areas, most with free gas barbecues
- grassed playing area
- modern playground
- toilets (includes disabled)
- on-site parking
- From Perth, take Albany Highway towards Armadale
- Just beyond Kelmscott, turn left onto Brookton Highway and follow for 5km
- Turn right onto Soldiers Road and follow for approximately 2km
To contact our Churchman Brook operations building please call 9397 7948.