Just a short car ride from Geographe Bay, Harvey Dam has a range of world-class recreational facilities including an amphitheatre for concerts and cultural events, walkways and picnic areas with gazebos and BBQs.
Please note: There are some instances when our dam recreation areas will be closed, particularly in summer when there may be a bushfire risk. Before planning a visit to one of our dams, phone us 24 hours on 13 13 75 or check our Facebook page for a post about dam closures.
- Catchment area – 126 square kilometres
- Capacity – 56 billion litres
- Surface area at full storage – 553 hectares
- Height of wall – 45 metres
What to do?
Pack a picnic; make use of the landscaped recreational areas, free electric barbecues and shady gazebos to enjoy a relaxed afternoon in the gorgeous surrounds.
If fishing is more your thing, why not bring a rod and cast off in our reservoir? We've worked with Fisheries WA and Recfish West to re-establish trout and marron in the reservoir, allowing licensed anglers and marroners the chance to try their luck during the designated seasons.
Our fenced playground areas will give the kids space to play, or one of the walktrails around the dam give visitors the chance to stretch their legs. If you're feeling energetic, you can choose the spillway path which leads up to stairs that climb the 45 metre embankment to a scenic lookout spot.
- An amphitheatre for concerts and cultural events
- A footbridge, boardwalk and walktrails
- A fenced playground
- Grassed picnic areas with gazebos and BBQs
- Viewing platforms
- An upstream boat ramp
- Parking and toilet blocks
- From Perth, take the Kwinana Freeway southbound
- Continue south onto the Forrest Highway for 8km until you meet Greenlands Road
- Turn left on Greenlands Road and travel for 6kms until you reach a roundabout
- At the roundabout, take the second exit on to South Western Highway.
- Head south for another 48km until you reach Harvey.
- Turn left onto Weir Road and the dam is 2.5km along on your left
For more information visit the Harvey Visitor Centre website or call them on (08) 9729 1122.