Our complaints policy outlines our commitment to providing customers with an accessible, fair and consistent process for managing complaints.
We are committed to being open, responsive and respectful to any complaints offered by our customers or by members of the community on our products, services or staff.
The purpose of this Policy is to confirm our commitment to resolving customer complaints through the provision of an easy, efficient, sensitive, consistent process for managing complaints whilst also satisfying our regulatory obligations.
Find out more
If you would like to know more about lodging complaints, or providing feedback please visit our Feedback and complaints section on our Contact us page.
We respect the right of customers to complain about our products, services and staff, and support that right by providing an accessible, fair and friendly process for the lodgement and management of complaints. We will:
ensure that our staff and contractors understand our complaints management process and are adequately trained to deal with customer complaints
- resolve a complaint, or at least agree an action plan for resolution, with the customer at the first point of contact
- make every effort to resolve the complaint within the Corporation
- explain corporate policy in plain English, and ensure that customers have access to all relevant information supporting our decision
- ensure we provide a means to external mediation services.
We will use complaints in a positive way to help drive policy and process improvements. We will:
- review and analyse complaint information on an ongoing basis, as an input to policy reform and process improvement;
- regularly review our complaint management process to ensure its effectiveness and efficiency.
As a customer you have the right to:
be treated with respect, dignity and consideration at all times during the complaints management process
- make a complaint
- a fair and impartial assessment
- request a means to external mediation services
- have the process of managing the complaint explained including the timing of responses.
Furthermore, you have the responsibility to:
- be open, honest and committed to resolving issues
- treat the staff resolving the complaint with patience and respect.
At Water Corporation, we have the right to:
- be treated with courtesy, respect and to expect cooperation from complainants
- determine how a complaint will be dealt with
- finalise matters on the bases of outcomes we consider to be satisfactory in the circumstances
- a safe healthy working environment
- be protected from harassment by disgruntled complainants acting unreasonably.
Furthermore, we have the responsibility to:
- ensure the customer is constantly informed of progress and outcomes
- ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.