Under sections 82 and 90 of the Water Services Act 2012, a person must not construct, alter or demolish any building in the operating area of Water Corporation, or erect, construct, install, place or demolish any building, plant, wall, fence or other obstruction in, on, over or under or within the prescribed proximity to the Corporation's water service works, without first consulting with the Corporation and where necessary obtaining its approval.
The Corporation's conditions for building and construction activities that apply to Water Corporation’s approval of the undertaking of the building and/or construction works are outlined below and published on Water Corporation's website. Water Corporation may change the conditions for building and construction activities from time to time, so you should ensure that you are aware of the current conditions prior to lodgement of your application.
Conditions for Building and Construction Activities
The following conditions apply to Water Corporation's approval of the undertaking of the building and/or construction works at the property the subject of the application.
By submitting your application, you (the Applicant) are acknowledging your agreement to, and acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
The Applicant acknowledges and agrees:
- That the information provided in, or in relation to this application is true and correct, including the property details.
- Water Corporation reserves its right to recover from the Applicant the cost of any damages, costs, expenses or losses associated with incorrect or misleading information provided by the Applicant in relation to this application.
- It is a condition of the Water Corporation’s approval of the undertaking of the building and/ or construction works at the property that the building or structure is built, or the construction activities are carried out, in accordance with the design submitted with the application to the Water Corporation, and that the design complies with the Water Corporation’s Technical Guidelines for safely working near Water Corporation assets.
- Penalties under s82 and s90 of the Water Services Act 2012 may apply in relation to undertaking the construction, alteration or demolition of the building other than in accordance with the approval of the Corporation.
- That they must refer to plans obtained from Dial Before You Dig, and any other information provided by the Water Corporation for the purposes of ensuring that the proposed building or construction activities do not damage an asset of Water Corporation, prior to commencing the Applicant’s works.
- That whilst the works are being undertaken, it is the Applicant’s responsibility to keep Water Corporation’s services in good repair and to ensure that Water Corporation's services on the property are adequately protected from damage.
- To reimburse the Corporation for any and all costs incurred by the Corporation in repairing any damage to Water Corporation’s assets arising from the construction of the Applicant’s works.
- They will inform all subsequent owners of the land and/or subsequent owners of the building or structure, of these conditions.
- To be responsible for any damage, costs and expenses of any kind, suffered or incurred by neighbouring or nearby properties, arising as a result of the construction of the works by the Applicant.
- Notwithstanding any approval or comment given by Water Corporation in relation to the construction of the building or structure at the property, the Applicant remains at all times entirely responsible for the design and structural integrity of the building or structure and its footings near Water Corporation services.
- The Corporation reserves the right to add to, amend and/or delete any of the above conditions at any time.
This approval relates only to the works shown on the plan submitted by the Applicant with the application. Any alteration to the submitted plan will require the plan to be re-submitted to the Water Corporation and a new approval will be required before any works can commence.
These conditions are in addition to any other conditions that apply to this approval.