My Water is our online account designed to help you manage your bills, payments and water use quickly and easily.
My Water supports the following browsers:
- Chrome 9 +
- Firefox 6 +
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10
- Safari 5 +
Agree to continue
- By accessing and using My Water, you agree to be bound by and to comply with these Conditions, as amended from time to time, which apply to your access and use of My Water and to the performance of My Water, and the information, services and other Material contained in My Water or provided by it.
- Please read and ensure that you clearly understand and accept these Conditions before you proceed to use My Water. Please exit My Water if you do not agree to accept and be bound by these Conditions.
In these Conditions:
Authorised User means a person who is authorised by us by means of a unique username and password to access and use My Water;
Conditions means these My Water Conditions of Use;
Material means any document, information, data obtained from My Water;
Postal Address means the billing postal address nominated by the owner and/or agent of the owner;
Transaction Log means any Corporation system that is capable of recording a transaction, whether instructional or financial, which is carried out in My Water;
You or your means the person who accepts the Conditions, either personally or on behalf of a company or other legal entity and includes, if acceptance is on behalf a company or other legal entity, the company or other legal entity’s officers, employees, and agents;
We, our or us means the Water Corporation a statutory body corporate created by the Water Corporation Act 1995 (WA), its officers, employees and contractors;
- Statistical information is collected by us in relation to the use of My Water, which allows us to improve My Water by understanding how our customers use My Water.
- The Postal Address will at all times be made available to all owners of a property linked to My Water.
Right to change Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Conditions from time to time, in our sole discretion, and without notice, by posting the varied terms on My Water.
- Copyright in My Water including the Materials, online graphics, audio and video on My Water, is vested in us or our affiliates and their respective copyright.
- Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, customer feedback or as otherwise permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cwlth), no part of My Water or the Materials, online graphics or audio and video on My Water may be reproduced or re-used for any commercial purpose without our prior written permission. Requests for authorisation should be made via the ‘Contact Us’ link.
Sharing of information
Where the authorised use of My Water provides permission to copy or receive data, use of that data must be in accordance with our intended purpose only; and
- you are bound by any specific copyright and non-disclosure requirements advised to and agreed by you, as part of the authorisation process for My Water;
- must not be made available to persons other than those being the actual customer, property owner or those delegated appropriate responsibilities for that specific property by the actual customer or owner;
- must not be re-published or quoted in an attempt to discredit us, our officers, employees, contractors, customers and other stakeholders;
- must not be used for resale for any gain or where gain is expected; and
Links to and from other websites
My Water may have links to and from external Internet sites. These external information sources are provided purely for convenience and are outside our control. We do not:
- endorse or provide tacit or explicit approval of any Material obtained from other websites;
- warrant or assume any responsibility for the quality, accuracy, source, merchantability, fitness for purpose or any other aspect of the Material on those websites, and you must make your own assessment regarding any Material obtained from another website.
Accuracy of information
- The information in My Water is provided by us in good faith and with reasonable care. However, some of this information may become inaccurate or out of date due to changes. We do not warrant the accuracy or currency of the information on My Water and reliance on the information is at your sole risk. Refer to our disclaimer.
- We will not be liable to you, or any of your officers, agents or employees, for any direct or indirect loss (including, consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, loss of business opportunities or loss of goodwill), however caused, which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise from or in connection with your use of My Water or your use and reliance upon any of the Material contained in, or provided by, My Water to you, or our negligence or our breach of our obligations under these Conditions.
- We cannot guarantee that My Water and any other information or Material contained in, downloaded from or accessible, to be free from computer viruses or any other defect or error which may affect your software or systems. To protect your software and systems we suggest you install and implement your own system protection software.
- Your transmission to us will be examined for known viruses using our standard operating environment scanning and detection tools.
- Where a virus is detected in your transmission, the transmission may be rejected and will be deemed not to have occurred. Where a transmission is rejected:
i. you will not receive either a transmission and/or transaction confirmation; or
ii. where we are aware of the rejected transmission, we will attempt to notify you of the transaction failure.
- You are advised, where a transmission failure has occurred, to clean and resubmit the transmitted data. We will accept no liability if your transaction fails due to viral problems.
Security of data
- We will take all reasonable precautions to protect data, from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, during transmission to us or while stored on either our web server or on the web servers of parties engaged by the us to provide all or part of a service, but we will not otherwise be liable for any unauthorised access by any means to that data.
- Should you suspect or become aware of a breach of security we ask that you immediately notify us (see Contact Us information) and suspend the use of all electronic communications until we are satisfied that appropriate steps have been taken to ensure the security of electronic communications with you.
- We undertake electronic backup of our computer based systems for our purposes only.
- You should implement your own backup and recovery facilities and procedures for data accessed from or transmitted to My Water.
Username and password
- You will be asked to select a unique username and password, which we will use to identify you when you transact business with us via My Water.
- You must use your username and password in order to access and use My Water and to enable us to identify you.
- It is your responsibility to keep your username and password secure and protected and we suggest that you change your password on a regular basis in order to maintain password security.
- You must immediately notify us via the Contact Us link or calling 13 13 85 if you become aware of the loss or theft or unauthorised use of your username and password, following which, we will, as soon as reasonably possible, disable access to My Water for that username and issue you with a replacement.
- You agree that as an Authorised User of My Water:
i. you are bound by any electronic communication which includes your username and password without any further inquiry on our part;
ii. we are authorised to act upon all instructions given through My Water using your username and password.
iii. we can assume that any transaction or instruction received by way of an My Water activated by an Authorised User’s username and password originates from that Authorised User and is a valid transaction or instruction which cannot be reversed.
- Transactions executed by an Authorised User will be recorded by us on a Transaction Log, which will include all instructional and financial interactions received from the Authorised User. In the event of any dispute you, as an Authorised User, hereby agree to accept our Transactional Log as conclusive evidence of instructional and financial interactions made by you with us.
Registering for My Water
In registering for My Water you:
- agree that the information provided by you in your My Water account is accurate, complete and not misleading and that we may rely on that information until we receive notice of any change from you; and
- agree to update any information immediately if the information changes.
- agree to use the My Water in a lawful, ethical and responsible manner and to follow any instructions provided by us for the use of the My Water.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to immediately suspend or terminate your access to, and use of, or to revoke your authorised use of, My Water. This discretion is likely to be exercised in the following circumstances:
i. inappropriate or unreasonable use of My Water; or
ii. deliberate or reckless disruption to My Water; or
iii. use your Internet access to menace, create a nuisance or harass others or attempt to do so or make any denial-of-service attacks on us or any other users or networks relating to us or attempt to do so; or
iv. unlawful attempts to gain access to other applications or networks which we use or operate; or
v. breaches any of the confidentiality or copyright requirements of these Conditions.
Availability of My Water
- We will endeavour to have the general functions of My Water fully available to you at all times.
- Specific applications operating within My Water may have restrictions on availability due to operational or security constraints.
- You acknowledge that My Water may malfunction or become temporarily unavailable due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control;
- We reserve the right to suspend the availability of My Water at any time, in which case we will endeavour to provide sufficient advance notice of any planned outage. We will endeavour to restore the service as soon as possible after any such outage.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have other means of undertaking urgent or time sensitive transactions and obtaining information, if for any reason My Water is unavailable.
- Where this My Water is unavailable, we accept no liability for:
i. My Water being unable to perform either in whole or in part any of the functions which we have claimed to support; or
ii. your inability to execute a transaction or instruction.
Exclusion of warranties
So far as permitted by law, except for those implied terms or warranties that are imposed by law that are mandatory and cannot be excluded, we give no warranties regarding My Water or any Material in My Water, whether relating to defects in quality or characteristics, or otherwise, and all other conditions, warranties, stipulations or other statements whatsoever, whether express or implied, by act of Parliament, at common law, or otherwise howsoever, are expressly excluded.
Our Direct Debit terms and conditions apply to the use of My Water. You must comply with those Direct Debit terms and conditions if you use the Direct Debit function in My Water. Refer to the separate Direct Debit terms and conditions:
My Water direct debit service agreement
You acknowledge and agree that by electing to use My Water paperless billing you will no longer continue to receive a water account in paper form. You will receive an email notification advising you that your bill is available. Any additional information, such as our publications, will be made available via links in the email notification.
Freedom of information
The Water Corporation must comply with the Freedom of Information Act 1992 (WA). Refer to our Freedom of Information Policy for more information.
Time and place of sending and receiving
All interactions with us which occur through My Water, are deemed to have been executed in the State of Western Australia. The time stamp of any interaction or transaction is defined at the time of sending from or receipt by our Web Server(s) which are set to Australian Western Standard Time.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Western Australia and are within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Western Australia.