Access our scheme planning

Land developers can access our water, wastewater and drainage scheme planning to help you plan your development.

Information on planned infrastructure projects for the next 5 years is available on the capital investment program (CIP) planning layer. This is a spatial dataset which can be viewed on the Shared Land Information Platform (SLIP). The aim of SLIP is to improve access and use of spatial data within government, business and the community. You can access SLIP through the Western Australian Land Information System (WALIS) website which is managed by Landgate.

Registered users will be able to view the location of proposed infrastructure that Water Corporation is planning to construct over the next 5 years, together with information on the proposed start and completion dates. The dataset includes proposed pump stations, water and wastewater pipes and water tanks.

To view the CIP planning layer dataset, you need to: 

  1. Register with SLIP 
  2. Request access to the CIP planning layer using our online form.

In addition, our scheme plans show areas of land planned for future water supply. To access our scheme plans please email with details of the locality that will identify the land parcel you are enquiring about, along with a plan of the area.

Changing endorsed scheme plans

Scheme plans may be changed to meet specific requirements of developers, provided the developer funds any additional scheme costs that will be incurred as a result of the change.

An amendment to an overall scheme to suit a developer will be considered provided that:

  • orderly extension of the scheme is not frustrated
  • costs to Water Corporation and the community are not increased
  • other land owners are not adversely impacted upon
  • all costs of the amendment are met by the developer
  • for frontal developments, Water Corporation has provided the headworks necessary for the development to proceed
  • for non-frontal developments, the developer may, subject to our concurrence:
    1. pre-fund any headworks needed for the development to proceed
    2. provide temporary works.

Register for access